Dora the Explorer (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Dora the Explorer (HELP THREAD)

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Yes. I've tried three items there (machete, crowbar and chopper) and I can't think that anything else I have will work.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Sparkles - to get the plunger you need to give the head monk what he likes, but it is hidden in one of Grandad's famous secret areas!
To get through the egyptian door, you need to translate the hieroglyphs

Boo - I have not found anything to stand on either - but that reminds me, I have chopped something down but I don't think I can cut more, but let me try.... EDIT - no luck :v2_dizzy_down:
And yes you can unlock all the chests - the key is there but you might have to press a few buttons to get to it
Last edited by frogandhat on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boo
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by boo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Sparkles 49 wrote:Yes. I've tried three items there (machete, crowbar and chopper) and I can't think that anything else I have will work.
Have you inspected everything in the room?

boo
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by boo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:27 pm

frogandhat wrote: Boo - I have not found anything to stand on either - but that reminds me, I have chopped something down but I don't think I can cut more, but let me try.... EDIT - no luck :v2_dizzy_down:
And yes you can unlock all the chests - the key is there but you might have to press a few buttons to get to it
Thank you!! I was running round in circles in there, got the key now, and now to do the rest. I also have a feeling I know what needs chopping down but I'll test that theory later....being a Grandad game though I'm probably way off the mark)

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Boo - you are not too far behind me - I have solved Atlantis and the blue section, but still need to press Hathor's button, do anything in the pirate area, meet the queen, enter the film studio, get a pass for MS building, kill the jellyfish, get the lava (suspect I need a mask to insert into a rock), find Boots, and enter the locked door in red EDIT and now enter the Irish castle.
I am going to take a break now as I cannot think of a single thing to do

EDIT I have just thought of something else to try, and it has worked!
EDIT2 - but it didn't get me far, and I got called a witch! :v2_dizzy_down: but I have found out you do keep winning on the fruity - it takes 8 goes to be up one coin, but it's better than a kick in the teeth

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Thank you Boo and Frogman. I found the secret hiding place and am now back at the Egyptian section working it all out!! :tup:

boo
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by boo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:45 pm

frogandhat wrote:Boo - you are not too far behind me -
I'm not...I have pretty much the same puzzles (except I still need 1 token and figure out the coloured letters in Atlantis). Back to running round in circles.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:04 am

Boo - there is a sign or book that will help you with that Atlantis puzzle, which is made a bit trickier because the letters are all underwater which does affect the colour somewhat.

Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Jarek » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27 am

I: crowbar (used), smelly cheese (used), sharp machete (used), blue peter flag, ceramic tankard, straw basket, big wooden spoon, umbrella, big chopper (used), banana, lump of coal, blue token, gray token, token red, 11 coins, what to do?

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:16 am

Jarek - you can speak to and help the guru. And have you completed the puzzles in Egypt?