Doom Island Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Doom Island Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Postby Jarek » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 am

I finished the game.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 am

Well done Jarek :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Ok... I'm stuck in the celtic temple with lots of stuff to do.

I've got 3 items on the shrines - the leaf, gold cup and magic pipes. Have battery, silver key and magic map in the inventory. I've looked round the maze of doors past the shrines and have seen the snake but I keep getting zapped to the cell. I'm assuming I have to knock down the wall there before tackling the maze fully.

Don't know what to do with the 3 green buttons and need the yellow key to get the lantern. There's probably something else I've forgotten too.

zibi
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby zibi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi there.

I'm stuck. I've got 91 coins, magic map, silver key, lithium battery. How to get sea shell ? What to do with magic map? And how to solve room with 6 buttons and falling spikes? Maybe i missed something ...

Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Jarek » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:16 pm

3 green buttons 1, 2, 3. Press 3,2,1,3,2,1,3,2,1. The spikes will disappear.

Set up 6 arrows.
The first key press 0 times. Press the second key once. Third key press 2 times. Fourth key press 3 times. The fifth key press 4 times. Six keys press 5 times.

Read the green book for the second time. He will get out of the book key.

Find the inscription "My little pets roam the lower ..." Read the inscription. Second time press the right key. You will move to another place. Skip room with falling stones from the ceiling. Finally, the button appears. Press the button. Fish will be in cages.

Find the words "Gifts to all the gods ..." Take the lift to the top. Go through the hole. Immediately jump left. You will not fall on spikes.
Last edited by Jarek on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Thanks Jarek, that's really helpful.

I've now got 4/5 of the shrine items. Only the yellow altar still to do. I think I've got all the coins in the maze. My understanding is that you need to finish the shrine to get past the snake.

Have 101 coins, battery, silver key and magic map.

I've lost track of what's left elsewhere in the temple. It seems like I've done everything, though in the room with 3 curtains I couldn't go through the left one.

EDIT: Just remembered I can pay the Cossack!
Last edited by Noggin the Nog on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Jarek » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 pm

though in the room with 3 curtains I couldn't go through the left one.
It is impossible to go through the left curtain.

Only the yellow altar still to do.
Place the heart on the yellow altar.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Finished now.

Managed to complete the game without finding the heart. Is this right? I did cheat and use dev mode once (I used the red key in the wrong lock and didn't have a convenient save point to go back to).

Jarek
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Jarek » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:49 pm

You used the red key in a good castle. Because you have all 101 coins. Set 6 characters, go out the door, you will find the heart. Set the heart on the altar. Go to the snake.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:03 am

Thanks Simon, you've made me realise my brain has turned to sludge. You can finish the temple without going past the snake or using the silver/golden keys if you already have 100 coins. Originally I was going to have the Celtic temple a 'drop in' so you had to finish it before being able to exit, then for some forgotten reason I changed it (the Celtic Temple was the first bit of the game I did then added everything else).

As well as sorting out the cog bug, think I'll add a 'castle door key' to the end passage past the 'golden key door' in the Celtic temple, That way you have to go past the snake to get the gold key (unless a player turns the dev on)

NB: the puzzle with the descending roof was a rip off from Stargate SG1 when they started looking for Merlin at Glastonbury :v2_dizzy_blush: