Property Ladder Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Property Ladder Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Postby SnTrooper » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:09 am

For the Loot I have the paperclip, coat hanger, woolly hat with eyes, and something else that I don't remember what it was that was just in a cabinet.
For the Frog I have the beret, beard and onion.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:46 am

Ah yes soz i've remembered, go back to the passage you came thru when leaving the old huts, there is a surprise there that should get you marching on - look closely though
For the frog you need the garlic, but you can't get that for a bit yet

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:38 am

Apologies SnTrooper, thought you were in the same place as Annie, so assumed that clue would help you too.

Also assumed players would find the 'trainers' first, then go back down the 'black' cave to check out the carrot vision and find the teleports.

Once you've got the thief costume you can get the garlic.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Sorry, I messed up when I was trying to remember what I had gotten for the lockers and I attributed the trainers to the sun locker because they looked like sunglasses to me. Figured "trainers" was some British brand or slang for them.

So I need the last item for the thief costume. Have paperclip, coat hanger, woolly hat, and trainers. Need a hammer?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:50 am

SnTrooper I know that we Brits have some unusual words/expressions but sunglasses, shades and trainers are fairly universal - you might have problems with 'plimsoles' (cheaper and earlier form of trainers).

You also need the opera gloves from the dressing table of Mrs Posh (the r/h drawer contains the gloves, the wig is above the l/h drawer which contains nothing). The hammer is just my British humour ("They'd nick* anything that wasn't nailed down")

* = steal or purloin
In UK 'nick' can also mean:
a) being arrested - "you're nicked"
b) being in prison - 'in the nick'
c) state or condition - 'not in bad nick'
d) at the right moment - 'in the nick of time'
e) a small cut or notch - "Ow, I've nicked myself on this knife"
f) some actor - "Hi, I'm Nick Berry, I used to be on Eastenders"

anybody know any more?

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:28 pm

I call them sneakers.

Have been across the whole map multiple times opening ever draw and cabinet but somehow missed that one ever time. Knew it had to be something embarrassingly easy that I was just overlooking like that.

I got the joke. I just didn't know if it was just a joke or if it was actually a clue to what I needed.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby frogandhat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Grandad wrote:In UK 'nick' can also mean:
a) being arrested - "you're nicked"
b) being in prison - 'in the nick'
c) state or condition - 'not in bad nick'
d) at the right moment - 'in the nick of time'
e) a small cut or notch - "Ow, I've nicked myself on this knife"
f) some actor - "Hi, I'm Nick Berry, I used to be on Eastenders"

anybody know any more?

Following on from (e) but slightly different use / meaning, if you really want to confuse our American cousin, you could explain nicking the ball in cricket, a game they do not seem able to fathom at all ("What, you play a game for five whole days, and you still might not get a winner?") :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Only need 1000 more. I know it has something to do with the bolt cutters since everyone else stopped mentioning they had them and had 1k more than me. But I've been here there and everywhere with them and can't find a thing. Only other things I can see that might be something are the library and the locked door in St. Mark's. I also still have the machete despite everyone else no longer saying they have it but I'm not sure if that is because there is a third use for it or a bug that it didn't disappear.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Yep Trooper grab that machete & go where the soldier was & as with a Grandad game action every inch!

Finally finished (on Sunday, honest) Grandad but not before tryna drop that bar from every cloud!!! As usual a great game to play & tho you couldn’t die it was nice & difficult (for me anyway). Thanks loads Grandad I so enjoyed playin I’ll b doing it all over again (but quicker) at the weekend :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Thanks. Even knowing where to look it took me a bit to find that.

Finished another great game. Was looking like it would be bug free until I got to the desert. The sun costume has a green line around it when you jump to the side. The clouds under the castle don't go far enough and the abrupt end can be seen, and some of the coins are cut off on the side or have extra black bits on the bottom. Also if you steal the Mona Lisa and then come back in the day before stealing the Madonna it is still on the wall.