Myst ..ified Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Myst ..ified Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:51 pm

I'm with you Armorog. I've found the room with the puzzle posters but can't work out how to get out. I haven't found a well but can see the yellow book too. I think this is one of Grandad's more fiendish games!!!!!

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Thanks again Sparkle, buzzed now lol.
Yeah that puzzle room, completely flumoxed thankfully done a save before going in! Can see things but can't get to them defo haven't come across a wishing well!!!!
Tried everywhere with these items with no joy:
trowel, yellow key, metal pipe, small stone, fuse, candelabra, ball

THIS IS TORTURE :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:23 pm

You don't need to do a save before going into the puzzle room or feel stuck in there, when all you have to do is activate the book in your inventory to get back to the library.
One thing I miss in this game is interaction with other characters, which was always something I loved about the Dizzy games, and which grandad makes so memorable in his other ones.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:20 am

Well not progressed at all. Going round and round trying all items everywhere. Think I've an idea about the symbols in the poster room but can't find a well anywhere or how to get the yellow book. Any help gratefully received.

Lee
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Lee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:21 am

My game has just come to an abrupt ending.I got to the game completed screen but have only placed three of the library books and have many items and unsolved puzzles left.I only got 15 of the bonus points but seemingly got the good ending as there was no mock and scorn from Daisy as per the game description.

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:28 am

Lee, that happened to me too when I did the Daisy bit. Luckily I'd saved my game so just reloaded and didn't play that bit again.

How did you get the third library book. Is it the yellow one?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:50 am

Lee, did you press the heart shaped button by the picture of the buxom woman? If so, the game will end as per the notice on the board 'Who wants to be an adventurer when you can touch the heart to have fantastic sex with a real hottie'. :drool:

Good on you Armorog for realising that the orange book is ideal for not getting stuck ...and help you get away from nasty bees (or other little 'surprises' you haven't found yet :v2_dizzy_cry:). This is a Myst style game so afraid there's no people to interact with in this game.

I think you need to get an ENORMOUS supply of alcohol in Annie, there's another four areas to explore and mess with your head ...if you translated the message by the puzzle hall, you'll have noticed that I crossed out the official name of the hall and added your name as a bit of graffiti. The hall is mainly just a bunch of picture clues to help you solve other puzzles. :v2_dizzy_cheers:

You're getting better at understanding how my odd brain works Sparkles, but happy to see that you are still going :hitwall: a lot of the time :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:53 pm

I guess it’s not really a well, I just meant the trap doors that you open above the monster, and the six switches with weird shaped symbols are down there on the left too. In the puzzle room I found the combination to those, though it’s not obvious.
I’m incredibly stuck now, have no idea what to do next. Getting that yellow book would be the best thing.

*Aha! I've just deciphered the code so can now read the notice on the right when you go into the puzzle hall, and also the sign under the Scotsman. It hasn't helped me get any flipping further though.*

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Anyone got the yellow book yet? I've managed to use the candelabra by randomly jumping off the ledge by the door to the puzzle hall. Thought it would do something but all I got was 5 bonus points. Been going round and round in circles. The switches down the shaft got rid of the chain in front of the yellow book but I just can't work out how to move the rocks. Any hints anyone?

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:22 pm

YEEEESSSS i worked out the six buttons all by myself, probably the one & only tho knowing Grandads mind & of course i haven't worked out the graffiti :dizzy_mad:
SPARKLES i'm the same can't for life of me find any way thru to that book. I did get 5 extra bonus points by getting myself nearly killed for them!!!!!
I didn't get that candelabra to work tho, do you mean the 2 shelves thru the door or the shelf before going in?
Anywhooo in spite of Grandad's mind boggling puzzley stuff i've got 20 bonus points, but only 1 'n half lives!!!!!