Dora to the Rescue (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Dora to the Rescue (HELP THREAD)

Post by The Armorog » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Grandad, wherever you stand with the horse you get the same dialogue box: "I don't think it's food the horse wants now."
Either naked or wearing knickers. The only idea I have is to somehow be small when trying, but it's impossible to reach this
screen when you're small. Zibi/Quiggie - you haven't managed it have you?

zibi
Free Range Egg

Post by zibi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:05 pm

The Armorog , i'm stuck the same place as you. Maybe is secret passage somewhere on Derby ?

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:29 pm

That would make sense, because the screens have the same red railing, and Grandad also listed the horse as being in the Keldor/Race Track area. But I've tried actioning every part of that railing and there doesn't seem to be a secret passage :v2_dizzy_crazy:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:49 am

Oh dear, hope it's not a bug as I was hoping that doing it with the horse would be one of those 'errrrrghhhh, how could you' moments. I'll put my other PC back together this morning and check the coding.

Lee
Free Range Egg

Post by Lee » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:16 am

Been thinking that perhaps it's a bug as there seems to be a few in this one.
Oher than those mentioned,the game can freeze if you try to enter the doors in the naturist section wearing the wrong clothes.I got the bonks in he nightclub as little Dora and I've just discovered you can access Denzil's hut via the flower shop.

Still,if there is a bug with the horse I'm happy to start again for the fourth time

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:13 am

I'm afraid it is a bug with the horse, I added a new 'action' point without removing the previous one :hitwall:
I think Danny Dyer has a perfect response to that :v2_dizzy_down:

The coding was really difficult in this game having to take 100 costume changes into account ..and from what you're saying Lee, it seems that I messed up in other areas too.

EDIT: Flower shop? I've tried to jump left in the cake shop but keep ending up outside, not in Denzil's hut.

I'll do an upgrade taking what you say into account, and to make it up for everyone else who got 34 bonks, I'll add some extra puzzles in part two for more bonks ...and amend part 1 so that people (especially Jarek) know when they've scored towards the easter egg. (It'll make a nice change from playing Anodyne, which is really hard to beat the bosses using a keyboard (to enter commands, not hit them with it)).

PS - Armorog, the teleport to the horse took you to the other side of the Stewards Hut at the racetrack.

Lee
Free Range Egg

Post by Lee » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 am

Sorry I meant to say hat shop.Jump up from upper inside windowsill.

I thought I'd found a secret entrance to Dozy's at first. :laugh:

Spooky3
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Spooky3 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:10 am

Hy everyone and happy Easter ! I just started this game and i am stuck like always. My item are : frying pan, lipstick, cheese,bag of herbs, crowbar (used once), screwdriver, mug, bleach, secateurs (used once), potus plant, spray cleaner, tissues. Can't do anything :
-i need to do something to the guy at the racetrack entrance
-combination lock so i can open theo's hut
-get 300$
-get to the right of the place with lasers
-clean the picture in dora's house....try the spay but it dosen't work
-do something with thouse 2 buttons
So can anyone point me in the right direct ?

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:48 pm

Grandad wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:25 am
Jarek, I'm not giving details on clothing and questions for opening the easter egg - but other players can help you out.

Armorog, this is Dora we're talking about, why on earth would she action a horse's head when something else is staring her in the face :dizzy_smile:

Annie, are both girls from 'Dora in Paris' still in the pizza shop in part 2 as I'm sure that Melanie (one who files her nails) went off to work when you gave Mimi the carrots. I can't check as my 'gaming' pc is in pieces waiting for a new dvd drive to be delivered by Amazon.

PS -Brenda is the other mystic with a crystal ball
No just Melanie Mimi goes after giving carrots but that's because i've been getting the wrong combo of clothing i think, so for me it's just the horse & Mimi to do. I did notice in one of my many run throughs an open window in Derby? Appreciate this game has probably been harder for you than us Grandad LOL but i look forward to going again :tup:

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Sparkles 49 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:27 pm

I've not posted on the forum for a while because I obviously hadn't talked to enough people in various degrees of dress (or undress!!) so I decided to restart one of my saved games and I think I've found a bug. It's the crates in the castle. When you push the buttons beneath the girls the crates go back slightly too far and you then can't get down into the rooms.

i hope this makes sense and you can understand where and what I'm talking about !!