Magic Star Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Annie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Annie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm

-TF- wrote:excitement?!? do you realise how many updates i've released for this game already?!?!

i'm wanting to get on with my next game, and all i seem to be doing is fixing bugs in MSD! :p
I'm sorry :cry:

I'll try not to brake it again and let you get on with your other games, cause we all like new Dizzy games :v2_dizzy_happy:
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:23 pm

May not get chance to retry until weekend now or whenever but the blockage and vampire left as puzzles, not sure what else, sorted the moat (thought that was really good), the princess, the lightening & pogie, dunno what to do with feather. I find those under water parts with the limited time difficult. Is the sea monster a puzzle or just a danger to negotiate ? Wonder if I can tickle it with the feather hee hee...

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Annie wrote:I'm sorry :cry:

I'll try not to brake it again and let you get on with your other games, cause we all like new Dizzy games :v2_dizzy_happy:
We certainly do :D

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:21 pm

Annie wrote:I'm sorry :cry:

my next game will be something rather different, so don't expect anything like RRD or MSD...

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:44 pm

*dances through the thread holding a banner saying 'latest version is v1.14 - soon to be on yolkfolk.com for downloading' *

yeah i know i know. a few bug fixes. they keep cropping up. it's a game with very complicated coding... :v2_dizzy_blush:

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

ianforcer
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ianforcer » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:33 pm

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk wrote:May not get chance to retry until weekend now or whenever but the blockage and vampire left as puzzles, not sure what else, sorted the moat (thought that was really good), the princess, the lightening & pogie, dunno what to do with feather. I find those under water parts with the limited time difficult. Is the sea monster a puzzle or just a danger to negotiate ? Wonder if I can tickle it with the feather hee hee...

I'm at this point now too. Got Hammer, Egg-Shaped Rock, Axe, Feather & other stuff that has already been used at least once. Not sure if this item is needed to complete, but beware you don't drop the Egg-Shaped Rock as it smashes!

The Sea Monster is a real ball-acher so you must either tickle it or pound its head with the hammer?!?! One extreme to the other :D

Screw the last part - just had a brainwave LDoY...drop the Egg-Shaped Rock into the monster's hole and it might chew that while you swim for the star thinking it's a real egg! Worth a try!

ianforcer
Your Backpack is Empty

Just completed it!

Post by ianforcer » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Took twice as long as Slider but I wasn't rushing by any means. Figured out the last few puzzles and I'm home free. LDoY, just PM if you need anymore help so I don't start giving things away on here.

Still found no 'beneficial' use for the feather but I did manage to use it and abuse it!

How many posts before I can add attachments?

Lastly I'd just like to say congrats to Jamie for a cracking (no pun intended) experience. Some really great thought gone into it and I look forward to more in the future. I have some great ideas myself which I would love to recreate to this standard but sadly, I'm a DizzyAGE novice :v2_dizzy_frown:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:09 am

-TF- wrote:*dances through the thread holding a banner saying 'latest version is v1.14 - soon to be on yolkfolk.com for downloading' *

yeah i know i know. a few bug fixes. they keep cropping up. it's a game with very complicated coding... :v2_dizzy_blush:
Think you should change the name to Magic Bugs Dizzy. :v2_dizzy_lol:

dharr999
Free Range Egg

Post by dharr999 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:53 pm

Finally completed the game last night. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Roll on the next one. :D

ianforcer
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ianforcer » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:08 pm

dharr999 wrote:Finally completed the game last night. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Roll on the next one. :D
Nice one. What was your final time/score? Also, did you find the correct use for the feather?