Magic Star Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
SLIDER
Free Range Egg

Post by SLIDER » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:10 am

arrrgghhh :dizzy_mad:

the end 2

just one fish... i hate it :v2_dizzy_dry:

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyC » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:58 pm

-TF- wrote:frogandhat - you were being cunning with the club, but i think you need to follow the same sort of advice you gave to Meph... ;)
I imagine you have to be pretty much pixel perfect, as I've tried every place I can find in all the areas that frogandhat mentions, and still no joy! :hitwall:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:27 pm

nahh you don't have to be. all the times i've tried it it's worked every time. and i've not even tried to be accurate! :p

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:00 pm

i was getting somewhere today.. bashed the bees, kicked to goat, poked grand dizzys eye out.. and seem to have come to a dead end..

its just frustrating knowing i have to do all that again tomorrow to continued searching for the next puzzle.

i know not having a save makes its harder but its just kills the fun having to re do everything.. let alone finding the time to do it in one go.. maybe a better solution would be having the save but ONE life (with energy) you would have to be really carful its still challenging.. but wouldn't have to keep starting from scratch every day??? just an idea. it works for long and short games too.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:20 pm

hmmm i dunno. i mean, it's only taken slider 38mins to complete the game! so to get part way shouldn't take all that long.

besides, as i said, you may think of things while you're doing that. :p

my next game will have save 'points', that you can only save the game when you reach. mind you, it's MUCH better suited to that sort of thing than MSD... (ooo hint hint)

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:24 pm

i know not having a save makes its harder but its just kills the fun having to re do everything.. let alone finding the time to do it in one go.. maybe a better solution would be having the save but ONE life (with energy) you would have to be really carful its still challenging.. but wouldn't have to keep starting from scratch every day??? just an idea. it works for long and short games too.[/QUOTE]

I posted something similar a few days back the repetition when you get stuck of having to start from scatch again & redo, maybe for smaller games (although I note this is described as large still) of having limited saves, ie you have 3 saves like lives, just an idea.

I got zapped trying to find the main use of the golf club by the lightening, so stuck on that with no idea at present, got the bucket of bone oil, got rid of the thorn, dunno how to get past the now stationery goat, at a loss how to get the standing stone - can get to pick it up but cant get back out, no idea what to do with the rock that crumbles unless it similar to spellbound later in the game.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk wrote:got rid of the thorn, dunno how to get past the now stationery goat,
s'cuse me? the goat shouldn't still be there if you used the thorn. it runs away. or did you exit the room then re-enter as it was doing so?

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:28 pm

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk wrote:at a loss how to get the standing stone - can get to pick it up but cant get back out,
you simply put it down on the larger stone, it rises you up, and you jump out.

it isn't used for anything else.... :p

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:35 pm

-TF- wrote:s'cuse me? the goat shouldn't still be there if you used the thorn. it runs away. or did you exit the room then re-enter as it was doing so?
Oh blimey shouldnt it, ive spent ages & ages thinking I needed to use a 2nd item :v2_dizzy_frown: , even tried swinging the golf club on its hind to shift it out the way lol, it was just stood stationery facing the other way.

I may have gone of screen perhaps yes as you lose a life if it hits you so I did back up whilst testing the said item. Would this be a bug, suppose would be..mmm.. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:37 pm

I lost a life too on the goat after using the said item thinking I could go past.