animation

Need help with using DizzyAGE then look here
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

animation

Post by Grandad » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Got a little problem folks and would appreciate a bit of help. Essentially, cos I liked Dizzy using the whip to jump across a wide gap in Crystal Kingdom I've been trying to re-create it. Decided not to try an AI as I wanted Dizzy to move in a curve rather than keeping 'upright' and setting lots of target points. So created a couple of rather large animated tiles and disabled Dizzy and enabled the tile when the whip jump was required and then reverse them when the jump was completed. Now I have problems.

Setting the animation to '2' gives problems with the WaitFrames as I can't quite catch the end of the jump and when 're-jumping' it shows the the end of the previous animation for a split second before redoing the jump. Can you set the waitframes with with a 'percentage' ie, WaitFrames (45.5)?

Setting the animation to '1' works great the first time, but re-jumping just won't work. I've tried resetting the animation back to '1' after the jump but before disabling the tile again:

ObjSet(ObjFind(1000), O_ANIM,1);
ObjSet(ObjFind(1000), O_DISABLE, 1);

Do I have to do something else?

Cheers

Grandad

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:57 pm

try
ObjSet(ObjFind(1000), O_FRAME,0);
before the anim bit to make sure it is set to the first frame
ImageImageImage

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks Colin, that worked a treat. So with some creative tiles I should be able to make a whip action for other tasks ..but probably best to avoid 'Daisy the Dominatrix'. :drool:

Grandad

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:12 pm

Be careful or you'll make a name for yourself... You've already had her naked in your first ever DizzyAGE game! :dizzy_cool: