Walking script help needed!

Need help with using DizzyAGE then look here
zeropolis79

Postby zeropolis79 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Thanks Andy, just let me finish my map and I'll send it to you..

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:39 pm

All of Dizzy's movements and actions are already coded into the template.
Yon only need to access the code if you want to change it or make custom movements.

I strongly recommend checking out those tutorial videos or reading the manual online, it's quite straight forward if you follow the exact instructions.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Just to clarify, as it sounds like you're a little confused as to what's included in the DizzyAGE pack, as was I. It's made up of many parts that work together, and most of it (like the part that controls player movement) is already set up and doesn't need to be touched. The important parts are:

editor.exe - to draw your map. Remember to save it as "dizzy.map".
[in the game -> data -> scripts folder]
game.gs - This is where you code the puzzles. As I say, it was a steep learning curve for me, but it's actually pretty simple.
gamedef.gs - You might want to change a few numbers here for max lives and so on. It's all self-explanatory.
[in the game folder]
dizzy.exe - Your game! You'll probably want to test it out after any change to the map or scripts.

If you want to add your own graphics (I use Photoshop for this) you can save them in the tiles folder. Everything else is pretty much optional, depending on how involved you want to get. You could make a replica of Prince of the Yolkfolk just using the stuff above. I can show you some simple coding you can copy and paste for your game.gs file if you like. And if you’re still having trouble, do send me what you’ve got and I’ll take a peep :)

zeropolis79

Postby zeropolis79 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks mate!

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:41 am

Sorry for the confusion zeropolis - I thought you were looking for a way to do customised movement, not just having problems with the normal gameplay.

zeropolis79

Postby zeropolis79 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:34 am

Well, if someone can help me establish a movement for Dizzy (please) and maybe lifts, I can take it from there..

It's just back to the drawing board as I messed up my layout.

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:53 am

What do you mean? When you open dizzy.exe, what happens? Are you not able to move Dizzy? Is he appearing at all? I can help you out with coding for lifts when you're up and running.

zeropolis79

Postby zeropolis79 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:07 pm

I applied those instructions a few posts ago and it worked! Upon re-reading the posts, I noticed I was saving my map wrong. I was savign it as experiment..

I've worked out how I can make my own Fantastic Dizzy treehouse village. Thanks to the original plans by the Olivers, I worked out how they fitted things in then after I've got teh platforms and houses in, I can use the game itself to position tree trunks, spiders, branches, bushes.

zeropolis79

Postby zeropolis79 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Many thanks for all the help!

Now to work out how to change the start room.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Add Dizzy's starting coordinates into the game.gs file.
That's how I do it.

#def PLAYER_BEGINX [color="#FF0000"]****
[/color] #def PLAYER_BEGINY [color="#FF0000"]****[/color]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]