DizzyAGE chm books

Need help with using DizzyAGE then look here
xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

DizzyAGE chm books

Postby xelanoimis » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:08 am

The DizzyAGE documentation books in CHM format (HTML Help files) have a few advantages over the plain html format.
They are compact (a single file) and most important they support search and index, two features very usefull when looking for script functions or defines names.

However, some people experienced problems in viewing them, even if Windows should see them by default.
This may be caused by a security blocking from a Service Pack 1 version.

Here is a Microsoft article about this problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902225/

It basically saids to save the chm on your hard disk (not to choose open in the download dialog) and then:

Method 1
1. Double-click the .chm file.
2. In the Open File-Security Warning dialog box, click to clear the Always ask before opening this file check box.
3. Click Open.

Method 2
1. Right-click the CHM file, and then click Properties.
2. Click Unblock.
3. Double-click the .chm file to open the file.

I heard that Method 2 was succesfull.

However, I will make the documentation available for download, in plain html format (zipped), just to have one more option.
This will require you to allow your browser to run the JavaScript code from the pages, since most of them use it to hide or show tips or script code source.

Alex

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:39 pm

I was wondering why I was having trouble opening the books. Thanks for the tip; method 2 worked perfectly. :tup:

Bazi
Free Range Egg

Postby Bazi » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi all ! I'm new here and playing with the great DizzyAGE and making my first Dizzy game (maybe finish till 1st May :v2_dizzy_confused2 :) . I found a little bug in DizzyAGE Book 2.1 in AI section (not counting typing errors) in spider example. The chain's target has to be 1000 not 1001 (targeting itself).

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby delta » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:09 pm

Welcome to the community! always good to see new people having a go at DizzyAGE!

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby xelanoimis » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Bazi wrote:Hi all ! I'm new here and playing with the great DizzyAGE and making my first Dizzy game (maybe finish till 1st May :v2_dizzy_confused2 :) . I found a little bug in DizzyAGE Book 2.1 in AI section (not counting typing errors) in spider example. The chain's target has to be 1000 not 1001 (targeting itself).

Thanks, I'll check it out.

[EDIT]
Yep, indeed a mistake!
The fact that you did spot it, means you got the hang of it :)
I'll fix it in the next update, so if anyone founds some more, please tell me.

osa
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby osa » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:43 am

Work on translation of the books into Russian has begun. If at you is what to tell, we invite on http://dizzyage.narod.ru
We hope that it becomes good stimulus for occurrence DizzyAge of games from Russia!