Need help with using DizzyAGE then look here
xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby xelanoimis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 pm

DizzyAGE v2.4 released!

What's new?

1. support for custom game resolution in dizzy.inf
read about it in the articles section (larger rooms)
Please don't abuse this... I love the retro style of Dizzy game!

2. support for computer's time and date: gs_systemtime(y,m,d), gs_systemdate(h,m,s). Can be used for some cool stuff, but don't base your game's logic on it. Obviously players can set any time and date to their computers.

3. bugs fixes: memory leak in audio stream (sometimes when exiting the game while stream playing), blocking static brushes with frame property set higher than 0 were not blocking (not writing in the material map).

All previous games will work with the new version without any changes.
It's recommended to use the latest engine version, especially with new games to be released.

Have fun!
Alex

P.S.
I linked the latest C/C++ sources on the download page. So whoever's interested can get it. As stated, the idea is to assure developers that their games don't depend on a "magic executable" that one day could stop working. For any other purposes, contact me.

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: DizzyAGE News

Postby xelanoimis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:31 am

Long time, no see :)

Easter time is here, but sadly I won't officially organize the DizzyAGE Easter Competition 2018. I definitely don't want you to think like "oh man, this is it, no point in making dizzy games this year". Dizzy games are strong thanks to dedicated developers and fans love them still. So I encourage you to keep the good work and this forums is a really great place to make games, to ask for feedback and find players.

DizzyAGE stays online and, even if I don't have time to visit very often, I will keep it alive. It should list automatically all the new games from the Yolkfolk database (thanks Peter for the tech). Feel free to email me anytime if you want to talk about stuff, or if spot any problem with the website or with the DizzyAGE engine itself - thank's god it proved solid for 10+ years :)

A lot of things going on in my free time already and I have to focus on my new projects. I'll be in London in May for Casual Connect with my Raiders of the Lost Island game. If you attend the event, come by the Indie Prize area and say hi.

Best of luck and many many thanks to all the devs who keep DizzyAGE alive!
Alex

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the Competition this year. :(

Although it might be best to update the Competition page with the information as the page is still showing the entries from the 2016 Competition.

Whatever happens, we are happy to continue showing our support for the DizzyAGE engine. :) (We know Grandad certainly will ;))

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby xelanoimis » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 am

Yep, will do - my semi-automated script keeps in synch with the year :D

Adz.M wrote:it might be best to update the Competition page with the information as the page is still showing the entries from the 2016 Competition.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 am

I agree, Alex has given many years of support to his and Christina's little baby ..and although I'll miss coming last for every competition ...except that year when that Meph deliberately stole my accepted place :dizzy_mad: I'll still continue to make new games whilst I'm having fun with devious plots taking the mickey out of everything under the sun .. and people still enjoy playing them. :v2_dizzy_cheers:

Verm-V
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Verm-V » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Verm-V wrote:Image

Wow. This looks good.

Verm-V
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Verm-V » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:56 am

Noggin the Nog wrote:Wow. This looks good.

ImageImage

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:50 pm

The images look fantastic Verm-V. :)