Dizzy Campaign WHOS IN???!!

A place to post interesting information to the community.
DeMilburn
Free Range Egg

Dizzy Campaign WHOS IN???!!

Post by DeMilburn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:23 am

Ok, have decided I'm going to do a Dizzy campaign to work in conjunction with the Dizzy petition. Basically i think Dizzy should be brought back as a Xbox live / PS Network downloadable game. A lot of classic games have been made available on these services (sensible world of soccer, syndicate wars to name 2) and proved successful. So if we can get a Dizzy game available like this, it may help towards the petition as it will prove Dizzy is a popular character and maybe ready for a revamped 3d adventure or just a new 2d game. I am working on an email template, but will need someones help to code it. And i will also start a Facebook group, which hopefully all of you on here who are members will join, and fingers crossed get a shed load of people to sign up. The email template will link to the Dizzy Petition, the Dizzy Facebook (and maybe MySpace) page, and it will link to a seperate site that im working on where people can leave comments etc like the petition to get it on a console network. There will also be a link to here (so may generate more members as well)

So, thats my plan, does anyone want to work with me on this?
Box Heads Wecomic http://box-heads.co.uk
DeviantArt, Twitter, Email
[/CENTER]

DeMilburn
Free Range Egg

Post by DeMilburn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:37 pm

wow 29 views and no reply, take it no one is bothered then lol
Box Heads Wecomic http://box-heads.co.uk
DeviantArt, Twitter, Email
[/CENTER]

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:44 pm

tbh dude, no. i've seen enough of these kind of threads to know it'll probably never happen. I think the Olivers are fine with the idea of reviving him, but Codies really don't seem to want to. Unless they can both agree to, then it simply isn't going to happen, no matter how many petitions, campaigns, etc are set up.

Plus.... if they did bring him back, would they <i>really</i> be so willing to let people do fan games?

so in my case, apathy wins i'm afraid.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:54 pm

It just seems a bit pointless.
do we really need 3d Dizzy games?

I mean its nice being able to make Dizzy games and keep him alive.. we wouldn't be allowed to do it other wise. And some of the fan games are just as good as any proper game would be.

Be different if he was long dead and forgotten but thats not the case. .his probably more popular than ever in some ways considering how games have moved on yet this little pixel is still going.. don't see other games of Dizzys time still being played or talked about.

So i think Dizzy is now for the fans and we look after him, now a cult classic,
and more important we are allowed to use him can make games.

Of course i wouldn't turn down the chance of an official game but at the same time its not something i get too excited about.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:33 pm

DeMilburn wow 29 views and no reply, take it no one is bothered then lol
I can understand the views of those that have replied so far and can see from experience where they would be coming from.

Altho, I do feel that anyone who has something they wish to positively contribute to promote Dizzy, in their own unique way, has a place in this community. And I feel deserves some encouragement, regardless of how difficult the undertaking or unconventional compared to the usual contributions we have seen made by members in the past.

Demilburn, I think there is something about your ideas, art and enthusiasm that I do find quite appealing - I hope that the comments below don't deter you from following thru with realising your ideas. I believe that there is every chance your work could lead to inspiring more Dizzy fans.

Keep at it :)
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Nitro
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nitro » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:04 pm

DeMilburn wrote:Ok, have decided I'm going to do a Dizzy campaign to work in conjunction with the Dizzy petition. Basically i think Dizzy should be brought back as a Xbox live / PS Network downloadable game. A lot of classic games have been made available on these services (sensible world of soccer, syndicate wars to name 2) and proved successful. So if we can get a Dizzy game available like this, it may help towards the petition as it will prove Dizzy is a popular character and maybe ready for a revamped 3d adventure or just a new 2d game. I am working on an email template, but will need someones help to code it. And i will also start a Facebook group, which hopefully all of you on here who are members will join, and fingers crossed get a shed load of people to sign up. The email template will link to the Dizzy Petition, the Dizzy Facebook (and maybe MySpace) page, and it will link to a seperate site that im working on where people can leave comments etc like the petition to get it on a console network. There will also be a link to here (so may generate more members as well)

So, thats my plan, does anyone want to work with me on this?
We do need an organized Facebook group like that. Perhaps it should centre around that. Many campaigns, support groups, causes, and other things like that have a great deal of success through those ends. If you do start a facebook page, everyone here will join up I suspect, and much like the growth of the forum, people will just discover it through conventional means.

Deejay
Free Range Egg

Post by Deejay » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:11 pm

I don't think any sort of campaigning could hurt.

Something to bear in mind is that whilst IP wranglings between Blitz and Codemasters have made a new game impossible (I genuinely don't know the details), Codies have had a change in management. Also, their business isn't doing terribly well - they've outsourced a lot of their development staff, and had a few lacklustre titles. One might assume that if they can see a quick and cheap way to monetise some of their dormant intellectual property, then now would be the prime time to do so.

I think one of the best ways to do this would be to abandon ideas of a 3D Dizzy - the old fans will hate it, it'll require more work, and it won't compete with contemporary titles. If a talented group of community members could make a game in a very similar style without infringing the Dizzy IP, and if it was good enough to attract a lot of attention, then it might highlight the potential profitability of a return to the franchise .

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Im not sure about codemasters going down - they must get quite a profit from the lord of the rings online?
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin: