Dizzy returns 9/12/2011 with Prince of the Yolkfolk

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Dizzy returns 9/12/2011 with Prince of the Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:11 am

This is it guys! This has been uploaded onto Codies' YouTube channel. :v2_dizzy_clapping:

I gotta be honest, the graphics do look amazing.

Dizzy POTY Announcement Teaser

:egg: http://www.youtube.com/embed/LGW53914gDk

Dizzy® Returns In An Egg-Shell-Hen-T Arcade Eggventure For iOS & Android -- Friday, 9th December

We're not yolking -- Dizzy is back!

After two decades, Dizzy, the iconic 8-bit cartoon eggventurer has been resurreggted in this HD iOS/Android* eggdaptation of Dizzy: Prince of the Yolkfolk. Dizzy returns complete with his iconic red boxing gloves and trademark somersaults as he ventures forth in an eggventure packed with collect-and-solve puzzles in a magical cartoon world.

After many years of Dizzy fans' requests (including an eggstensive online petition with thousands of signatures) the cartoon eggventurer will be starring in a remake of one of his most popular arcade eggperiences, first published in 1991.

As ever, his friends, the Yolkfolk, are in trouble and need saving from danger. On this occasion, girlfriend Daisy has been trapped in mysterious castle while our hero has been locked in an underground dungeon by Rockwart the troll on orders from Evil Wizard Zaks (boo and hiss). Collect objects and solve puzzles as Dizzy continues on his quest to rescue his beloved Daisy from a mysterious castle.

Dizzy: Prince of the Yolkfolk will be available in the App Store and Android Marketplace on "Egg-mergence Day" -- Friday, 9th December.

*The game will not, unfortunately, be available on Eggsbox.

- http://dizzygame.com/
- http://www.yolkfolk.com/news/dizzy-retu ... he-yolkfol

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:14 am

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enchantedgypsy25
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by enchantedgypsy25 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:17 am

Quite a nice fun video by Codies, obviously most Dizzy fans know the game only to well but i am looking forward to this and thankfully the wait for it won't be to long, i hope we get another video or more info before the 9th of December to wet the appetite further.

The graphics look nice (the Ferryman looks very cool) and i'm sure the music is also as great as ever. :dizzy_smile: wonder if switching to the old graphics will be possible? like with the Monkey Island iPhone remakes, not that i really mind either way just good to have Dizzy back.

Roll on the 9th of December!
Wanderin' through fairytales with Dizzy since i can remember :v2_dizzy_smile:

hear my music: http://www.soundcloud.com/rossmayhewonline
my twitter: http://twitter.com/ross_mayhew

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:32 am

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 am

Somebody posted a comment on the YouTube video that I somewhat agree with.

To anyone who is upset, this is probably to test the market and see how well a real Dizzy game would sell.
If you want to see new Dizzy, support the devs and pick this up. Vote with your wallets, not with your comments.

Now....I admit I may not have an iOS or an Android, but I'd like to do whatever it takes to show my support and get my hands on it when It's released.

Nagash
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Nagash » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 pm

kinda disappointed myself, but for only 2 reasons...

1) I don't have anything that it's going to be released on :( . Would be easy to put it on something like Steam for a small price and i'd buy that up right away.

2) Any game but Prince of the Yolk Folk would have done me. I was disappointed wih the original version but only because it was way to easy. All the other days it took multiple play throughs and grinding of trying different items on stuff to see if it worked, but with PotYF I completed it in one afternoon on the first play through. Too many obvious puzzles and repeated puzzles from old games.

That said though, if i did have a phone that supported this game, i would definately buy it and I'll be telling my friends/family that i grew up with about it and telling them to buy it because they used to play it and enjoy it also when we were kids. Maybe by the time the next one comes out, i'll have a device that supports it.

R Tape Loading Error, 0:1
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by R Tape Loading Error, 0:1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Adz.M wrote:*The game will not, unfortunately, be available on Eggsbox.
Their loss; I would've paid an easy 400 MSPs for this. Not even a Windows Phone release.

For shame Codemasters.

:tdown:

enchantedgypsy25
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by enchantedgypsy25 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:59 pm

I would like to see Dizzy released for the PS3 and/or Xbox also but i think Prince Of The Yolkfolk is being used as a test game, no doubt because it's the shortest game of the series it cost them less time and money to update and the games generally ease will probably suit the modern casual mobile gamer more so then Spellbound Dizzy.

Should it sell well i see no reason why Codemasters couldn't update more of the series (and Prince Of The Yolkfolk) for the major consoles, although i doubt we'd see it on the Wii due to the history Codemasters and Nintendo have.

I'm just really happy to see Dizzy back, the control system looks fine but of course only time will tell and it will take getting used for players of the originals who used a Joystick or Keyboard.

If another is to get the revamp treatment i'd love it to be Magicland but better see how this one does first i guess.
Wanderin' through fairytales with Dizzy since i can remember :v2_dizzy_smile:

hear my music: http://www.soundcloud.com/rossmayhewonline
my twitter: http://twitter.com/ross_mayhew

pamuch
Free Range Egg

Post by pamuch » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:16 pm

ya I've got an iPhone and a iPad so I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t.
roll on the 9th december :v2_dizzy_yahoo:

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:33 pm

pamuch wrote:ya I've got an iPhone and a iPad so I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t.
roll on the 9th december :v2_dizzy_yahoo:
Could not put it better myself!