Dizzy returns 9/12/2011 with Prince of the Yolkfolk

A place to post interesting information to the community.
delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:46 pm

coincidence.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:48 pm

It is disappointing that they're basing it on the easiest version of Prince of the Yolkfolk and not using anything from Dizzy the Adventurer. But like Dizzy the Adventurer, they rewrote all the dialogue again! And you still collect stars and cherries, but now a star is also the icon for a score that slowly counts down for some reason. It's funny how the way Dizzy moves is an exaggeration of the way many of the 16-bit games did it, with very slow walking and very fast somersaulting.
Adz.M wrote:The extra life also has sunglasses on the 16-bit version. On the remake, the gloves and shoes on the extra life egg are blue, and Colin Page came up with the idea of colouring Denzil's gloves and shoes blue on his later DizzyAGE games.
What I want to know is, why is a small Denzil the icon for Dizzy's extra life? :p

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Another Digital Spy article about Dizzy.

http://www.yolkfolk.com/site/news.php?id=158

'Dizzy' PC, PS3 ports 'would be easy', says project lead

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:46 am

Adz.M wrote:I've just noticed something in the new video.

At 0:31, it shows Dizzy entering the King's castle, with an extra life waiting inside the entrance (like on the 16-bit version).

The extra life also has sunglasses on the 16-bit version. On the remake, the gloves and shoes on the extra life egg are blue, and Colin Page came up with the idea of colouring Denzil's gloves and shoes blue on his later DizzyAGE games.
Sheer coincidence? Or do you reckon the team behind the remake played the more recent DizzyAGE games? :p
delta wrote:coincidence.
Na, its a plush dizzy toy potentially available at all good retailers!! :v2_dizzy_eek:

pamuch
Free Range Egg

dizzy game now in app store

Post by pamuch » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:08 am

well i've just downloaded the game on my ipad £2.49 but the iphone version is £1.49
anyway played the game its ok as games go but ill not say any more till the rest of you have had a play.

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:41 am

Really? It just came out? I got the impression it had been out for almost three months already. "9/12/2011" :v2_dizzy_tongue:

Okay, I am looking forward to seeing how the "countdown" thing works. Is it a way to merge high scores with time trials, where the best player is the one who collects everything the fastest? And will there be alternative game modes, maybe even a second quest?

enchantedgypsy25
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by enchantedgypsy25 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:39 am

i just downloaded the game but then found out it doesn't work on my ipod touch, ah well i still have the old versions
Wanderin' through fairytales with Dizzy since i can remember :v2_dizzy_smile:

hear my music: http://www.soundcloud.com/rossmayhewonline
my twitter: http://twitter.com/ross_mayhew

RobGBA
Your Backpack is Empty

YAY

Post by RobGBA » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm totally getting this on my iPod Touch 4g for christmas :D
Wow, I haven't been here for a while. :v2_dizzy_walkman:

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Say, how did "Thank you" get turned into "Tar"? I never understood that expression.