Dizzy returns 9/12/2011 with Prince of the Yolkfolk

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Joe
Free Range Egg

Post by Joe » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Has anyone else noticed from the video footage that Dizzy's 'roll' mechanism is probably not going to work as before? He seems to go round too fast/move too slowly in the X axis for there to be any meaningful ground rolling going on. I'm glad this is happening though in any case.

Trikeboy
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Trikeboy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:37 pm

YAY, this is amazing news. I never thought I would be happy with Codemasters again. I hope they also do a version for the 3DS shop. I agree that this is to test the waters to see if people actually want Dizzy back. I say we all buy it on launch date with or without a way to play it. I hope we actually get a new adventure at some point. The jump seems a bit slow but I can live with it.

I just found this interview: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32 ... -consider/

It's a good read

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Trikeboy wrote:I just found this interview: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32 ... -consider/

It's a good read
Thanks, but there's already a thread about that here. :)

http://www.yolkfolk.com/bb/showthread.p ... y-s-return

Trikeboy
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Trikeboy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Adz.M wrote:Thanks, but there's already a thread about that here. :)

http://www.yolkfolk.com/bb/showthread.p ... y-s-return
oops, sorry about that

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:03 am

The game graphics look nice, Sort of thing i would have wanted for Grimm Dizzy.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:45 am

enchantedgypsy25 wrote:I would like to see Dizzy released for the PS3 and/or Xbox also but i think Prince Of The Yolkfolk is being used as a test game, no doubt because it's the shortest game of the series it cost them less time and money to update and the games generally ease will probably suit the modern casual mobile gamer more so then Spellbound Dizzy.
Prince of the Yolkfolk really is their go-to game for remakes anymore, isn't it? First there was its remake as Dizzy the Adventurer for the premiere of the Aladdin Deck Enhancer, then it was also on a Game Gear collection, and they almost finished a Genesis port with all-new graphics. Then there was that trailer for a mock-up of a 3D Dizzy game that threw the "Prince of the Yolkfolk" title on at the end.
Adz.M wrote:He was that colour on the 16-bit version of the game, the remake appears to be showing that's It's not meant to be Pogie, dispite the 8-bit versions actually showing/saying that he is Pogie.
It is interesting that they're going back to the Amiga version as the basis for this rather than a further evolution of Dizzy the Adventurer, as evidenced by that cool musical remix at the end of the trailer, and now by the red-eyed fanged Dizzy clone instead of the troll.
Meph wrote:The game graphics look nice, Sort of thing i would have wanted for Grimm Dizzy.
I like how Dizzy looks cute in an amateurish-looking way, harkening back to when it was just a couple of young brothers coming up with a game sprite that had a big happy face. :)
(And none of this "Overly grim face with huge nose wearing a hat all the time.")

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 am

The comment about suiting the mobile casual gamer is spot on. If they do release any new games then they will be short and easy for that reason, not for the person who enjoys settling in for a night of Dizzy adventuring, getting constantly frustrated, but thoroughly enjoying the experience.

The graphics are pretty, but as we all know, gameplay not graphics is the most important factor in a game's enjoyment and to be honest there have been some brilliant graphics in some of the fan games on this site. I can also remember a comment by 'Nowhere Girl' a while back who didn't see the point in signing the petition when there were so many good quality fan games to enjoy.

Personally, I thought the spiel by the developer was just a bunch of soundbites with no real substance ..and objected to his slant that gave the impression that he invented Dizzy. But hey, if you think it's worth buying then go for it, that's your choice. Personally, thanks to DosBox and Amiga Forever I have all the original Dizzy games that I still play and am still working my way through the fangames (currently on HellBound) and determined at some point to get further than five minutes before getting stuck on Railroad Dizzy (but refuse to look at the solution).

At least writing this has reminded me that I've meant to buy Clover for a while now, so will shut up and google (or should I say 'goggle') it with credit card at the ready.

edit: oh no! Blitz1up has shut down. No Clover for me. How sad.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Bliz1up should still be online, despite the fact that the division is shut down.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Clover is well worth getting hold of. I really enjoyed it.
And i thought Railroad was pretty easey.... i recall getting on really well with that one. :cool:
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Grandad wrote:determined at some point to get further than five minutes before getting stuck on Railroad Dizzy (but refuse to look at the solution).
You're still stuck on Rail Road? :v2_dizzy_blink:

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln