games factory

A place to post interesting information to the community.
boyakabo
Your Backpack is Empty

games factory

Post by boyakabo » Tue May 08, 2007 4:21 pm

does anyone here use the games factory for their dizzy games? or does everyone use dizzy age? cos i could do with a bit of help if anyone is willing and able... just basic stuff really, the main things are the inventory system and entering houses, the rest seems simple enough atm :) :)

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue May 08, 2007 4:30 pm

I use Games Factory 2, however, things like Inventory, entering houses and sinking through clouds I've absolutley no idea how to do at all.

I've never made a game with DizzyAGE but I have played around with it before and the result isn't very surprising with my knowledge lol :laugh:

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Dizzy » Tue May 08, 2007 4:45 pm

Hopeing to have some tutorials written for Dizzyage and Games Factorys ASAP. :v2_dizzy_confused2: :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

boyakabo
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by boyakabo » Tue May 08, 2007 4:50 pm

that would be fantastic, there were apparently a few on the 'daily click' website but they've disappeared. at the moment i've just managed to get him walking and jumping with the default platform engine - which took ages to learn, and im pretty proud of it even tho its crap :) . having him pick up one item and dropping it (or even using it in the right place) is simple but most probably too time-consuming for a full game with many. but if someone could do a tutuorial, yes that would be great

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue May 08, 2007 5:15 pm

I think Alex and Peter already have a few tutorials posted in the DizzyAGE section of the forum.

There used to be TGF engines done by as3k and AndyUK but they appear to be missing now :v2_dizzy_confused2:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed May 09, 2007 6:17 am

i use dizzyAGE for my games.

never used games factory, and probably never will.

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyUK » Wed May 09, 2007 11:24 pm

Ive moved on to Multimedia fusion 2 now. But i still have some old half made games factory games lying around.

http://www.geocities.com/algamesuk/dll19.zip
http://www.geocities.com/algamesuk/potyf8.zip

boyakabo
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by boyakabo » Thu May 10, 2007 5:33 pm

thanks a lot for that andy, really good of u. i'm working my way thru very slowly and learning a lot! i need to get mmf2 when i can afford it, then i can snake the inventory system too lol. prob wont be for a long long time tho...

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyUK » Sat May 12, 2007 6:04 pm

I have Phizzy to thank for makng the inventory, it works 99% exactly as the original did (from fantasy workd dizzy onward)

if you ever get mmf2 and see the inventory 'code' you'll see how complex it is. Probalby more so than all the events in my engine.

Mat_Dizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mat_Dizzy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:52 am

Is the inventory engine Phizzy made still around Andy? And also some of your old engines, lost them! :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

Back to the forums for good! :-)