website problems?

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

website problems?

Post by Grandad » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:22 am

Is there a problem with the site? For the last two days I have had to login before doing anything on the forums ...and this time I know my membership is not up for renewal til August.

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by EgoTrip » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 pm

Don't know. Sent PM's are not showing up in the sent folder so I don't know if they are getting sent, and I've had no replies. So it could be possible?

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:39 pm

I haven't experienced those problems.

But I do think the entire site needs a serious rebuild from scratch since we are having other issues.

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Dizzy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Granddad do you log in using the facebook option?
I have cleared the cache here and extended your subscription for another year absolutely free.

Please PM myself should you have any more issues with the forum.

Many Thanks

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:31 am

No, I just use the normal 'http' method of logging in, and am still having to log in each time (even though I tick the 'remember me' box). Logging in is not that big a deal as my fingers still work perfectly well :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:

Thanks for the free subscription.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:45 am

Grandad - when I run Spybot on my laptop, it obviously deletes the cookie from this site that remembers me so I have to re-enter my log in and password ( I need to look into stopping it doing that, when I get a chance). So is your computer not allowing cookies from this site, or are you running a cookie killer?
Insert signature here

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:35 am

I've got no idea F&H. I'm using a new Windows 7 pc to replace my wonderful XP (that I still use to create games), but on any site that mentions cookies I always say 'yes' as I quite like getting adverts that cater to my special needs (take that smirk off your face!!) ...the only cookie killer I have is my dentures :laugh:

But I don't recall getting a 'cookie' message when logging into YolkFolk.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:04 pm

Grandad - check the security settings on your browser - I run Chrome (it is so much faster than IE) and it seems to default to a setting of remembering passwords, so even if you lose a cookie you have a chance of the browser knowing your login! (I am pretty certain IE can also remember logins / passwords). But I wonder if your browser is set to not allow cookies either from this site or just in general?
Insert signature here

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:44 pm

IE will save passwords if you click yes when it askes to save them, even clearing cookies it will still save them.
But it wont log you in automatically.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:34 am

Sigh - I can't even get into IE, if I click on the 'Iternet explorer' icon at the bottom of the screen it goes straight into AOL. Cant find anything to help on AOL 'help'. Cookies not mentioned. The 'windows' status says I'm running eset anti-virus and windows defender which can slow the pc down. Can't get defender to not work ...says I don't have permission. God, I hate Windows 7!!!!!