An Ode To Dizzy

A place to post interesting information to the community.
EvilDeadChainsaws
Your Backpack is Empty

An Ode To Dizzy

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi all, I've just complete an 'Ode To Dizzy', which you can see here;

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/features_dizzy.html

On there, you can download high resolution scans of all the Dizzy items in my personal collection. That includes tapes & inlays, boxes, instruction sheets, all released for the Spectrum ZX, and a couple of the A3 posters from the Atari ST releases.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: An Ode To Dizzy

Post by Adz.M » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:07 pm

I've responded to your DM on Facebook.

Thank you for sharing your scans with us.
Hopefully we can make all the game scans collected available on the site down the line. :)

EvilDeadChainsaws
Your Backpack is Empty

Re: An Ode To Dizzy

Post by EvilDeadChainsaws » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Cheers, I couldn't see any scans on the site, so I wasn't sure if you'd had copyright issues. If you can make use of any of the scans, by all means do so.

I'm still missing a few from my collection, I wanted to get the single releases of Dizzy Prince Of The Yolkfolk and Spellbound Dizzy, but those are rarer and are going for £30-60 each on eBay depending on how it goes. The rest for the spectrum are pretty cheap. Only been looking for about a month though. Much the same with a similar retro collection I have; the Fighting Fantasy books. I have all but the final book, which is #58, the last book to be released and is the rarest as interest in the series had tailed off by then so fewer bought it. It usually goes for over £100 on eBay, been building up that collection for a year or so.