Dizzy on Nintendo Wii...

A place to post interesting information to the community.
oisee
Your Backpack is Empty

Dizzy on Nintendo Wii...

Post by oisee » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:45 pm

hi! =)

i've signed the petition. and leave this text as comment:
--------
i just have to say that the easiest way to bring Dizzy back, and show'em all that he is very popular nowadays is release Dizzy as a retro-game at the Virtual-Console service on Nintendo Wii.

It's simple, because of Dizzy was released on NES and Sega Mega Drive, and the Virtual-Console supports it's emulation.

Also, Dizzy is so cute and funny - he'll looks ideal on Wii.

And maybe then Codemasters will make an original game for Wii.
--------

What do you think about it?

As far as i know, the Virtual-Console retro-games is extreemely popular and was downloaded about 1.500.000 times at Wii-shop.

So, all we have to do is persuade OliverTwins or Codemasters (?) to do it =)

BTW, there's ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizzy_series#The_future ) they thought about re-release Dizzy on mobile phones. So, we shake them a little bit... =)

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Dizzy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:55 pm

hello. Thanks for your post on the petition :v2_dizzy_yahoo:

As for the Wikipedia post. We are fully aware of the developments regarding Dizzy at present. Thank you for your interest :v2_dizzy_smile:

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:03 am

dizzy on a wii!

now thats going to be odd to control people jumping and down in their homes everywhere to get dizzy to jump :v2_dizzy_lol: and wouldn't the pixel perfect jumps that some games have be a bit hard to pull off. :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Gunnex
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Gunnex » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:02 pm

Looking for a publisher? Let me call my friend at USC...

oisee
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by oisee » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:15 pm

Gunnex wrote:Looking for a publisher? Let me call my friend at USC...
oh, no i'm not =)

i've just tried to say, that it's might be a good idea to propose Codemasters or OliverTwins to release Dizzy as a retro-game via Nintendo Wii Virtual-Console Service ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console_%28Wii%29 ).

it might be NES or SEGA version. it's the most simple way to "bring Dizzy back" and show'em all that he is loved and alive =)

Nitro
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nitro » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:17 am

Dizzy wrote:hello. Thanks for your post on the petition :v2_dizzy_yahoo:

As for the Wikipedia post. We are fully aware of the developments regarding Dizzy at present. Thank you for your interest :v2_dizzy_smile:
Woah! I wasn't aware of this, I'm reading it now, thanks for posting that buddy

oisee
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by oisee » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:17 pm

Good news! (c) Professor/Futurama :)

It looks like Blitz Games (OliverTwins, the developers of original Dizzy) already knows about WiiDownloadable and VirtualConsole services, just look at this interview:
Blitz On Dizzy, Wii Downloadable Games, The King

- We don't generally link to Gamasutra features, but when it's an interview with Blitz's Philip Oliver that reveals what's up with that lovable platform mascot Dizzy, we just _have_ to. (Oh, and he talks about Blitz's promotional Burger King games too, hence the pic!)

Oliver explains of the classic '80s platform egg: "The problem with Dizzy is the IP is owned by Codemasters, and we can’t do anything without their permission, and every time we ask for their permission, they say no! So we can’t do anything. And every time they ask us, and they don’t ask us that often, we sort of feel like saying ‘no,’just to be sorry for. But we signed a deal with them just a bit ago for some mobile phone stuff, so maybe that’ll happen."

There's also a hint on full-fledged downloadable games for the Wii, which I reckon will be around sometime in mid-2007: "We want to be a major developer of downloadable games, not just for Xbox Live Arcade, but for the Sony system and the Nintendo system... [when asked about new third-party Wii downloadable games]: I believe that on the other line is a conference call between the person at Nintendo and the head of our arcade division, right now."
Dizzy wrote:As for the Wikipedia post. We are fully aware of the developments regarding Dizzy at present. Thank you for your interest
Was it all about this teaser of New Dizzy? (i'm not sure is it Wii or PS2 version, or maybe just prerendered engine demo ^_^ ):

http://www.fantasticdizzy.co.uk/ - "Dizzy: The Prince of Yolkfolk".

(dizzyteaser.mov (1.7mb). - temporary direct link to QT file)

^___^[/quote]

Nitro
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nitro » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:04 pm

:v2_dizzy_jawdrop: hehe, no, we saw that clip years ago, literally, years ago. But I didn't hear anything about the Wii.

Mat_Dizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mat_Dizzy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:16 pm

yep, that clip is years old, but would be good if they came out on virtual console, but im sure codemasters wouldent agree to do it!

Back to the forums for good! :-)

Mayboy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mayboy » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:38 pm

It would be nice to have Dizzy on a current platform, something we have been hoping would happen for ages, the Wii is a possibility.

(stops self from making any jokes about Wii and Dizzy)

:v2_dizzy_clapping:
http://www.yolkfolk.com

The place for Dizzy fans!