They did good.

Stuck or want to discuss the new version of prince of the yolkfolk, on iOS and Android Platforms
typeforty
Your Backpack is Empty

They did good.

Postby typeforty » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:13 am

I played the game through on my Android last night for Den of Geek, and I just thought I'd drop in (very long time lurker, first time poster) and reassure you all that they've done good on this one. There have been changes, of course, but most of them are for the better; it feels like Dizzy. I'll link to my review when it goes up, but if you have any specific burning questions I'd be happy to try answer them! :v2_dizzy_smile:

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:33 pm

We also have been privy to a version of the game for the Android phone. I agree with you that every Dizzy fan around the world will NOT be disappointed :)
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

ThomH
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby ThomH » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:32 pm

As a Dizzy fan, I'm disappointed. I've had it on my iPad for about ten minutes, it's crashed twice and thrown away my saved game, leaving me with stranded at a cryptic error message. Given that it appears to have been approved on October the 23rd, I'm surprised it wasn't tested properly.

From the little I've seen, the minute delay hint system feels like a smart twist but I'd rather be able to switch it off as the fun is meant to be figuring out the puzzles, not just figuring them out quickly. It also seems odd that they've started with one of the weaker titles. The original is probably a bit too action centric to work with touch-screen controls but any of the others would have been good.

Ghostface
Free Range Egg

Postby Ghostface » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Sounds good so far then, i hope Treasure Island and Fantasy World among others get a release in the future... :v2_dizzy_smile:

Im impatiently waiting for it on the Apple store...

typeforty
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby typeforty » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:53 am

My fairly detailed review of it is now online, and you can find it here: http://www.denofgeek.com/games/1161215/dizzy_prince_of_the_yolkfolk_ipad_review.html