Bugs

Stuck or want to discuss the new version of prince of the yolkfolk, on iOS and Android Platforms
ThomH
Your Backpack is Empty

Bugs

Post by ThomH » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:07 am

It's available on Apple's App Store right now - I've had no advance access.

Latest tip: the game is so broken that you can just walk straight through the drawbridge on the far side of the castle, without lowering it. But if you do you'll see graphical glitching and become trapped in an invisible box over by the princess. Which means another lost saved game and starting again.

EDIT: a quick gallery of glitches in the hope that one of the development team comes by. I'm really sad about the way this has turned out — it's the only iOS app I've really looked forward to this year and probably one of only two or three games I've bought this year.

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Dizzy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:37 am

I too have found more of a 'gramatical mishap' right at the end of the game.
I wont post the screen just now as this might have been fixed for release.
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:41 am

Dizzy wrote:I too have found more of a 'gramatical mishap' right at the end of the game.
I wont post the screen just now as this might have been fixed for release.
it ain't been fixed!

typeforty
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by typeforty » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:43 am

I did have a few problems with it on my low-end HTC, but I suspected my phone wasn't strictly compatible with it - a hunch which has played out with the fact it's not available on my phone's app store ;) I didn't have any problems with the 15-20 minutes I played on the iPad at the event, though.

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 am

I've managed to get dizzy stuck in several places (just like in the dizzyage games :v2_dizzy_tongue :)

Also you can just jump straight though the castle walls on the castle to the right of the game to get out, rather than traveling to the top of the tower using the lift! :v2_dizzy_scared:

typeforty
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by typeforty » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 am

Peter wrote:Also you can just jump straight though the castle walls on the castle to the right of the game to get out, rather than traveling to the top of the tower using the lift! :v2_dizzy_scared:
Hard to know whether that was a glitch or a genuine design decision, though; all I know is that is saved me several awkward waits!

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Dizzy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:00 am

There is also a 'hanging' animation that appeared to not be of any use. You cannot swing yourself up from this position. Nice touch though.
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

typeforty
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by typeforty » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:09 am

You can't swing yourself up, and that did confuse me, but you can use it to direct your fall - there was one bit in the treetops where I kept using it for that :)

ThomH
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ThomH » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:12 am

You can trigger the hanging animation reliably in the large treehouse - after pressing a diagonal jump and making it onto a platform, start pushing the opposite diagonal jump while Dizzy is still rolling. He'll stop rolling and do the hanging animation despite there being nothing at the end of his arm. It's like playing Dizzy: Prince of Mime Artists.

Possibly a similar bug: it's often possible to break out of a jump by pushing left or right at its apex. A lot of the time that'll switch Dizzy to falling behaviour as if you'd just walked off the edge of a platform.

I too can walk through the walls of that first tower over towards the right of the map. However you can't jump through, at least the wall on the right. So there's something very odd going on there.

simonh_codemasters
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by simonh_codemasters » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:30 am

I like this thread :)

The drawbridge bug on iOS has been fixed in the build we already have in the approval chain with apple.
It not present on Android.