Bugs

Stuck or want to discuss the new version of prince of the yolkfolk, on iOS and Android Platforms
jibbles
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby jibbles » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:01 am

One minor bug/typo. The ACME Bridge Building Kit, when in your inventory, is called an ACME Bride Building Kit. No G in bridge.

Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Lex_Hedley » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:28 pm

There are still some ! even though you can't interact anymore.

The boat doesn't speed up after the motor has been added.

The Grim Reaper still has his scythe after you trade him the items.

PaulRanson
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby PaulRanson » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:09 am

Thanks for your comments guys. I am thick skinned enough to realise it's all meant to be positive.

I think the typos on the whole were solved a few weeks ago.

Although it doesn't seem it, we have tested and tested this game.

There were some last minute hassles over the OpenFeint application. This meant we had a last minute rebuild and I think it has been synced with and old version of the data.

I'll work on this tomorrow.

ATB

P

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby pteal79 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:43 am

Well version 1.02 is now live in the app store,

The drawbridge bug is now fixed, and open feint is active (although i do get a dialog open when opening the game saying "this game is not recognized by Game Center."??)

ThomH
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby ThomH » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Peter wrote:The drawbridge bug is now fixed, and open feint is active (although i do get a dialog open when opening the game saying "this game is not recognized by Game Center."??)

Same dialogue here, on every launch or switch in/out. And if it's relevant at all, Game Centre is the only way you're going to get me to use any sort of online leader boards or in-game social features. Using OpenFeint would not only mean signing up with yet another service but provides a pretty poor user experience from what I've seen — the usual stuff of someone deciding they want to be cross platform or that they don't have time to read the documentation or whatever and knocking up their own weird widget set.

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:36 am

I found a bug on YouTube today!
[video=youtube;k98voD2I4Fo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k98voD2I4Fo[/video]

gkpm
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby gkpm » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:39 am

Thanks for creating this game and looking forward to the next one, however can we users on iOS get proper Game Centre integration and not this alien OpenFeint stuff please? None of my other games use this.

Seeing how well the game did on the iTunes store charts I think we deserve it. Cheers!

Murray-Mint
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Murray-Mint » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:50 pm

I think I'm the first person to reply with some feedback on the Android version. I was playing on a HTC Desire running CynaogenMod 7. It was not a pleasant experience. I'm a Dizzy fan, so I endured it to reach the end, but here's some of the problems I faced:

Straight off the bat, installing from the Android Market was a problem, the game wanted 70MB of space. Luckily I've modified the default partition sizes on my phone, so was able to get away with deleting a few apps to make enough room for it, however I think people running stock ROMs with stock config would struggle. It's by far the largest app on the entire phone.

The game was OK, but the chunks of scenery took a while to load in, I would commonly be able to walk along and if I was lucky, hit a wall and be unable to move until it loaded. If I was unlucky, I'd end up trapped in the terrain. This made walking across clouds annoying (and dangerous). The upstairs corridor with the Dizzy doppelganger was bugged like you wouldn't believe, half the time I'd fall through the trapdoor while walking along, even when it did work, I'd then find the next bit of scenery would refuse to load and I'd be stuck.

When this occasions happened (regularly) where I'd be stuck, the only option is to force quit the Android app from the applications menu. This happened regularly enough that it became tedious (every few minutes).

Another problem I had was that I dropped the holy cheese and was unable to pick it up again, I just couldn't get the pixel perfect alignment sorted.

I know it's a bug thread, but I feel bad giving negative feedback, so here's some positive for balance.

It's great to see a Dizzy game again, even if it's one that I know the story to off-by-heart. The music was OK, although I'm a C64 person, so wish it was that music instead :D . The ending music (Treasure Island Dizzy in-game music on C64) was really good. The graphics look amazing, they really capture the classic feel of Dizzy in a good way.

The only other things to hope for is that the game is released on PC (distribute via Steam!) and that these bugs and issues can be polished and maybe some of the bigger classic Dizzy games can be released (Fantasy World, Magicland). Thanks to Paul and the team behind this game for bringing Dizzy back.

Rinpoche
Free Range Egg

Postby Rinpoche » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:36 am

As an iphone 4 user (presumably its the same for any iphone) ive noticed a graphic issue thats not really a bug per se but... Dizzy isn't really egg shaped he's more golf ball shape - I'm guess this is an aspect ratio issue but if any devs are reading any chance dizzy can get squished back into shape? I'm sure his shell can handle it after all the eggsercise he normally gets

Love the game otherwise btw - great early Christmas pressie

James Newman
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby James Newman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:13 pm

I have a bug when I open the draw bridge using the wrench then go the see the princess. When she gives me the flag an invisible wall suddenly appears and I cannot move or jump anywhere. Restarting does not help. I didn't use the walk through drawbridge bug I did it properly

Also agreeing with others above with losing sound