DizzyAGE Easter Competition 2010 [ENDED]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Its great news to have some new prize donors!! :v2_dizzy_yahoo:

I just gave the demo version of Machinarium a play - and wow is it cool - a very clever take on the Dizzy problem solving style game. Its bound to be a treat for whoever wins that prize. :tup:

It seems that this years comp is gonna be bigger and better than ever - with some great games already announced and its only mid-Feb.

btw, Alex, any news on previous years prize donors?
I'll be delighted to continue sponsoring the comp and will add ?20 to the prize fund. From reading previous threads, I don't mind if its added to the first prize total, but maybe to give more people a chance of going home with something, maybe it would be good to have it as a consolation prize to a runner up or split into 2x?10 prizes? :v2_dizzy_wink2:

Just a note on the scoring - it seems that if as expected we're gonna have more than 10 entries, it's inevitable that under the scoring rules, even if voters wanted to use all their votes, some games could possibly receive scores of 2 or 1 or even have no points at all. I think its something to bear in mind that if yours happens to be the game that does receive that sort of score. I think that as the comp gets more entries, then receiving 1 point should be more of an accomplishment than previous years as its probably more a reflection on it being good enough to make the top ten rather than being a poor game.
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Thanks for the offer, DizzyFanUK!
I entered you with a prize of ?20 at Paypal if that's OK with you.

http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/compet ... rizes.html

I wasn't targeting one big cumulative prize, I just wanted to avoid having many very small prizes. For now there are indeed more games than prizes, but I hope everyone will get something in the end.

Alex

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks Alex, that's fine. We'll see how may prizes we have by May. If there's less than 1 prize per entrant, then I'd prefer to split it into 2x10 if not keep it as 20. :v2_dizzy_cool:
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Well, I must say, having played all the games so far released that the standard is INCREDIBLY high! Well done to all concerned :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:
and good luck to all the other entrants yet to release their games, looks like there are some more crackers coming - I cant wait. :v2_dizzy_smile:

Voting is going to be a nightmare!! :v2_dizzy_frown:

Huckleberry
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Huckleberry » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:58 pm

I think I will enter Dragon Valley just to see the difference in votes it gets from Grogg Island. I won't hold my breath for it though. I had a look at it the other day and it's a bit ropey. Still, had to start somewhere and it's not too bad but the puzzles are pretty easy. I am proud of the poetry in it. James Clarence Mangan would have loved to write something that special ;)

These prize donations are super generous so a big thanks to those who have put the prizes up.

I can't wait to finish Grogg Island because I haven't really played any of the newer games (apart from WND) since about September. I'll be playing Dizzy non stop in order to register my votes.

Good luck to everyone that's entering.

Dizzy looks to be in good health.

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Added "Dragon Valley" into the contest!

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm

11 games so far. :v2_dizzy_jawdrop:

If the games in development get released in time, then we'll have broken the "number of games in the competition" record.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:56 pm

we'll equal the record when I release CoTM...

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Huckleberry
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Huckleberry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:18 pm

xelanoimis wrote:Added "Dragon Valley" into the contest!
merci beaucoup :)

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm

I wonder if last years newcomers JD & Tom Ward are working on anything for the comp?

It would be a big shame if Colin's game isnt ready in time - but it might give everyone else a chance at 1st prize for a change ;P