DizzyAGE Easter Competition 2012 [ENDED]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon May 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Someone broke it!!!!
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon May 21, 2012 9:01 pm

It tends to break every couple of months or so. The game download numbers disappear and Alex has to restore them from a backup. It's because they're stored using a very simple and unsecure method. I guess the game scored are stored the same way.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

pamuch
Free Range Egg

Post by pamuch » Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 pm

do we have to vote all over again

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Mon May 21, 2012 9:20 pm

pamuch wrote:do we have to vote all over again
It looks like that's the case yes subject to any backup.

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Tue May 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Downloads and scores are stored in a file and accessed from php. I assume it can break if 2 people write it in the same time somehow. I do some backup from time to time and when it breaks I overwrite it manually.

About the votes I suppose the file was cut (usually the downloads gets zero sized) since it seems only 4 people voted. Anyway the system allows you to update your vote.

Apologies again, and I'll try to back it up more often and hopefully next time I'll set up a mysql database to work as it should.

Alex

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Tue May 22, 2012 8:44 pm

OK,
I've added a safety check - not sure if this was the case but theoretically it was an issue.

So if you ever see the message:
"vote data base is busy, please try again!"
that was the case. Go back and try again
Also for the downloads:
"clickcnt data base is busy, please try again!"

And this nasty one that will need my manual assistence:
"clickcnt data base is broken, please try again later!"
I also get notified by email if it happens.

Please let me know if there are any problems coming with these changes.
Alex

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 am

With a week to go till the competition ends thought I'd have a look at the voting and noticed that the number of 'voters' is well down on last year as Jamie won with 245 points and my 'bottom' got 166 points, yet this year everybody is still under 100 points. What's more surprising is that my 'throwaway' game 'A Nice Cup Of Tea' which was supposed to guarantee me bottom place is currently joint second with 'Iron Tower Dizzy'.

I can only hope that there will be a surge of voting for 'The Evil Wizard Zaks' which will then put 'When Dizzy met Daisy' in bottom place and keep my reputation intact.

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SALEHMARLEY » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:31 am

Grandad wrote:With a week to go till the competition ends thought I'd have a look at the voting and noticed that the number of 'voters' is well down on last year as Jamie won with 245 points and my 'bottom' got 166 points, yet this year everybody is still under 100 points. What's more surprising is that my 'throwaway' game 'A Nice Cup Of Tea' which was supposed to guarantee me bottom place is currently joint second with 'Iron Tower Dizzy'.

I can only hope that there will be a surge of voting for 'The Evil Wizard Zaks' which will then put 'When Dizzy met Daisy' in bottom place and keep my reputation intact.
I think the first surge of votes that were initially input unfortunately got wiped, therefore voters that did not realise this had happened have not yet re-input their votes causing what looks like a poor show on the voting stage!!!
At present, the positioning certainly does not reflect true when looking at the gameplay of your 'When Dizzy met Daisy'!!!!
Do unto others as you would have them do!!!

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:06 am

SALEHMARLEY wrote:At present, the positioning certainly does not reflect true when looking at the gameplay of your 'When Dizzy met Daisy'!!!!
Why? 1 place Enlightening Times Dizzy - game very beautiful also is made in style of a Spectrum.
2 place Iron Tower Dizzy - original idea, plus good graphics.
Other games obviously worse.

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SALEHMARLEY » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:11 am

Rindex wrote:Why? 1 place Enlightening Times Dizzy - game very beautiful also is made in style of a Spectrum.
2 place Iron Tower Dizzy - original idea, plus good graphics.
Other games obviously worse.
Why thanks...I love your honesty :neutral:
Do unto others as you would have them do!!!