Yolkfolk Prophecies v1.0 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Finished, that Nina screen had me stumped for ages but then got the sequence right !!

Really enjoyable game and lots of amusing and references in there, right up to the end with the shower scene lol

Coding wise are things in there i've not done so some great animations too. It was larger than I expected and flowed well, wasn't too difficult and you felt you could progress and had a chance at solving the puzzles.

Lots of things in the game with many surprises, really well done with the game !!! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Edit, i did the Nina room randomly, lucky.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SALEHMARLEY » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Meth,

Sorry, couldn't post earlier for some reason (my message board kept being blank!!!?) otherwise I would have given you a helping hand!!! Glad you found your way through there though!!! I must admit, when testing the game, that was the most annoying and boring part!!!Hows your progression now???

Lord,

Cheers for the praise :tup: In fact, the throwing of a certain [color="#F0FFF0"]fishy[/color] object was actually inspired by your ball kicking skills from sacred world....this also progressed onto a certain prisoners demise and the rolling of rocks in the mountain!!!!
The shower scene did make me chuckle...not sure how many people that are playing will remember that soap scene but like I say...it still made me laugh!!!

Hey DarrenHobo, did you manage to open the game in the end??

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Well i have [color="#F0FFF0"] Zaks heavy boots, spade(used once), empty bag, totem stone[/color]
Just need to find [color="#F0F8FF"]something explosive[/color]

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby DizzyFanUK » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 pm

i love the original room names.
Some I didn't quite understand.

I did wonder why the rooms were called Nina Simone.
I'd not heard that song before
A guick google later.... ...now that I have - I can appreciate how inspired and genius that part of the game is.

I love those little personal touches. Great stuff!!
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

darrenhobo
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby darrenhobo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:22 pm

frogandhat wrote:I had no problems, just unzip and run the setup programme - have you had any problems with any other games? have you tried downloading again in case the file is corrupt?

got it working naw, thanks very much frogandhathttp://www.yolkfolk.com/bb/im ... tongue.gif

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SALEHMARLEY » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Cheers Dizzyfan, yeah, I did try and incorporate a lot of my personality into the game like the reggae /jamaican culture, old style Rhythm and Blues, Ska, 2tone etc, plus the type of cussing that goes on between myself and my mates!!
.....it's funny, although I scrambled around for time trying to complete the game I know feel at a loss :v2_dizzy_cry:

Oh well, off to download a Dizzy Fan Game to fill the gap :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Hey again Darrenhobo, glad u were able to download....hope you enjoy :-)

Hi Meth, try using the [color="#FFFFE0"]spade[/color] again where you [color="#FFFFE0"]used excessive amount[/color]s of another item!!!!

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:28 pm

loving playing this game - the dialogue is great especially the beginning when grandad is droning on and everyone's making an excuse to leave - great puzzles not to difficult and not to easy - really good for a first game - can see the rudeness of grandad in their being your mentor!!!!!!! the chopping off of heads, probably a more cruel element of a dizzy game but done with humour :)
Anyway i'm well on my way to the end i think, but if its dependent on getting through that bloody spikey thing in the mountain i just can't make it and none of the items i have help. i'm left with:
[color="#FFFFFF"]totem block, sturdy wooden plank, zaks heavy boots [used on guru], blob of honey [bears don't want], palestinian fertiliser, fishing jacket [think this was for getting the rockhammer cause i didn't die], and fallen star[/color]
think that's it.
well done on a great first game :v2_dizzy_clapping:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SALEHMARLEY » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks Quiggie :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:
I did feel bad the chopping off of a head but his dialogue started annoying me, and me and my little girl decided "off with his head"!!!! Actually, the droning of Grand Dizzy came about through my little lady telling me I always say "Blah, blah, blah", personally I recon she watches too much Peppa Pig coz thats where she gets it from!!!!

Anyhow's, I think you may need to use[color="#FFFFE0"] something you already have to carry the heavy load[/color] in the mountain :dizzy_wink:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm

:v2_dizzy_yahoo:

Nice game, i was kinda hoping those dizzyage logos on the clouds would be for something, looked really interesting.
Great intro, nice story with the red dizzy popping up eating everything, the game could have developed into something of a real mystery. I'll look forward to your next game... (hint, hint)

I noticed your dragon suffered the same way mine did in Gimm with the neck/head parts not quite joining up.. lol

After this slight distraction i can go back to getting the sound back in my game.