Another Treasure Island Dizzy v1.05 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Great game. Love the Wallace and Gromit cameo.

I did find I couple of errors.

-The objects underwater (ship, seaweed, etc) are air.
-You get hurt by the torch when you go down the hole you dug when heading right even if you are wearing the suit.
-I was able to set off the trap and escape by jumping to the ledge with the plant.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:50 am

Thanks SnTrooper, always nice when people catch the little extras you put in a game and making Gromit move was an afterthought ...as was putting the coin by the plant by the egg. Looks like I'll have to make the boulder move faster so you can't jump out of it's way, or move the coin.

Thought I'd checked all the torches that Dizzy was able to reach, especially the one you hit if you drop down the hole from the left hand side. I'm new to adding 'proper' water to a game and did notice that there were less bubbles by the underwater boat, so that would explain it.

Oh well, better sort that all out today rather then getting on with my 'can can dancer' tile.

edit: sorted out the boulder by the egg. Now you can't escape if you touch the egg! Can't replicate the torch problem. The coding is fine, and works when I try it with and without the suit. Oh, and made some more of the underwater boat 'water'.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:43 pm

v1.01 is uploaded onto Yolkfolk. :)

pamuch
Free Range Egg

Post by pamuch » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Rindex wrote:Grandad, I hope this collection sprites Amiga/Atari ST to you will help at creation of the following games.

http://sprites.walen.se/?level=search&searchterms=dizzy
how do you get the sprite tiles in to dizzyage thanks :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:

Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lex_Hedley » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Just add them to the tiles folder within your game.

Make sure they are named correctly and don't match numbers of other tiles.

http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/books/ ... age02.html

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Grandad wrote:Thanks SnTrooper, always nice when people catch the little extras you put in a game and making Gromit move was an afterthought
Speaking of Gromit, I've since notice an error with him too. When he moves the stationary Gromit can be seen behind him.
Can't replicate the torch problem. The coding is fine, and works when I try it with and without the suit.
Weird. I can't do it again either. I know I got hurt when I had the the suit. :v2_dizzy_confused3:
Oh, and made some more of the underwater boat 'water'.
Don't forget the seaweed too. The one near the hydraulic arm actually got me hurt. I jumped over the crab and when I touched the seaweed I fell and rolled right into the jellyfish. After getting your new version I noticed you missed the masts and just to the right of the left window of the ship.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 am

Sorry to keep doing this but I found another error. If you try to buy the map without enough coins the "I'll be back" message runs off the side of the screen.

Also I don't know if this is a problem with my computer or the game but the game crashes if I try to buy the rattrap without enough coins. It didn't happen with the first version of the game.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 am

No problem SnTrooper, I think it's impossible to find every single error before publishing no matter how often you test it and it's good that someone who finds an error lets you know rather than ignore it, as we all like our games to run properly.

I've fixed the 'message' so it doesn't run off the page. I can't find a problem with Gromit moving as each 'picture' is disabled before the next picture is enabled, but I will pull the map apart as occasionally my mouse puts two items down instead of one, but when I was testing I didn't notice any problems.

I can't figure out the rat-trap problem as I didn't change any of that part in the update, just added two extra blocks around the egg (and made sure that the IDs were not duplicated). In essence, Wallace has a status change when the customs officer tells you to get a rat-trap. Talking to Wallace about the rat-trap has another status change and the 'if' statements are a) if the status is correct and the player has 15 or more coins or b) if the status is correct.

I'll hold off uploading the update just in case you find any more errors.

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Grandad wrote:I'll hold off uploading the update just in case you find any more errors.
Good thing because I did find one last thing. The handle doesn't disappear from your inventory after you place it.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:25 pm

v1.03 now up. :)