Dizzy - Night at the Museum v2.21 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
trz
Free Range Egg

Dizzy - Night at the Museum v2.21 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post by trz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:52 am

Dizzy - Night at the Museum

v1.03

v2.21

Many years have passed since Dizzy, thanks to his wit and courage, has defeated the evil wizard Zaks and threw his ring into the volcano's throat, hoping this would end his evil plans once and for all, but...

Theodore the magician couldn't warn Dizzy that he'd better not do that since Zaks's ring is indestructible, and the only way to dispose of it would be either hiding it somewhere or protecting it with the magic spells - these are
the laws of the magic world!

Meanwhile, Rockwart has been trying to find the ring to get all the powers Zaks had. For this, he even digged up more earth than the King's workers did when they were building a mine. No one knows how much time he spent on his searches, but nevertheless, they were a success. Despite that, Rockwart didn't know how to use the ring, which led Zaks's soul on loose...

The first thing the undead Zaks did was sending Dizzy into the far, far future, so no one could interfere the evil wizard's plans...

Authors:
idea: trz
code: trz, dr. Titus
title screen: prof4d (v1.x), DarkFalzX (v2.x)
gfx: trz, Rindex, dr. Titus
english translation: Crash Nicker

Warning:
2 game modes (only v1.03) - classic view and scrolling. Scrolling is enabled by default.
To switch to classic mode go to OPTIONS -> SCROLLING ON/OFF.

new in version 2.21:
- new title screen for the game by DarkFalzX;
- new game rooms, logic, enemies;
- modified smooth engine;
- ENG-RUS version;
- optimizing audio for the new engine;
- fixed minor cosmetic bugs, etc.

DOWNLOAD:
Dizzy - Night at the Museum (ENG, v1.03)
Dizzy - Night at the Museum (RUS, v1.03)
Dizzy - Night at the Museum (RUS-ENG, v2.21)

------
Merry Christmas!!!
Last edited by trz on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:38 am

Looking great! Congratulations!
I'll upload on DizzyAGE soon.
I wonder if you can put both EN and RU versions in one game. There is a tutorial on localizations on the DizzyAGE website.
Alex

dr.Titus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by dr.Titus » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm

xelanoimis wrote:I wonder if you can put both EN and RU versions in one game. There is a tutorial on localizations on the DizzyAGE website.
Many difficulties with 2-in-1.
Let there be two versions.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Sorry in version 1.01 there was a mistake. Here version 1.02 English and Russian.

Links to the game 1.02 version in the first post.

trz
Free Range Egg

Post by trz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:56 pm

ver. 1.01 and 1.02 is passable, a correction of small cosmetic nuance, do not worry.

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:34 am

added to the yolkfolk games database.

http://www.yolkfolk.com/site/games.php?game_id=246

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:48 am

There are no downloads at present for this game!
Why not? Two versions in the first post.

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:56 am

Rindex wrote:Why not? Two versions in the first post.
because my broadband is running slow and i'm still uploading.

dr.Titus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by dr.Titus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Shortly about the interesting:

1. In the game there are three types of thunder. Moreover, indoor thunder muffled.
2. If you pass by the main tree in the rain with the ring, it is always thunder.
3. Secret room - the only place where you never hear the thunder.
4. Cloud with rain, flying over Dizzy, was painted in 1992 or 1993 for my game about Dizzy.
5. Total drawn five title screens to the game. Two of them drew trz, one I drew by pencil on paper and on the computer, and a final screen drew Prof.
6. In the game was first applied smart multilayer scrolling, also allowing the necessary flow around the border and show position in the right place on the script.
7. Also in the game for the first time on the engine DizzyAGE implemented scheduled functions to run with a time delay.
8. Clouds on a background of the moon consists of 71 frames, and change direction after using an ancient scroll.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi,

I've added this one on the DizzyAGE website.

I would recommend to mention your full names in the readme file and have an email for contact, in case some players need help with the game or anything.

It would be great to have a single version including both languages. I wanted to set up one in a hurry, but you don't have the texts separated. As I said there is an article on DizzyAGE website as well as a tech demo which can actually change the languages at runtime, but you can just use the option from the setup and re-load the specific definitions at startup. Having the texts separated is good for eventual other translations.

Please give me an email (see my email on the DizzyAGE website) when you have new versions, so I can upload them on DizzyAGE too.

Alex

P.S
One more thing, at one point it would be nice to remove the protection from the pak, so other can learn from your scripting.