Almost Spellbound Dizzy v1.02 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
bringbackdizzy123
Free Range Egg

Post by bringbackdizzy123 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:41 pm

SnTrooper wrote:I put it right next to the wall.

Really weird. Maybe someone with more knowledge of DizzyAGE than me could help. Have you tried using a different key to jump (k, up arrow, or space bar)?
Every button I have tried that you can use to jump and to no privail I have no idea what is up. :v2_dizzy_confused3: :dizzy_frown:

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Noggin the Nog » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:28 pm

I've had this problem once or twice, always the same cloud, but it doesn't happen every time or even often. I just assumed it was a random glitch. :dizzy_confused:

Are you saying it happens every time you try and jump up?

bringbackdizzy123
Free Range Egg

Post by bringbackdizzy123 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Noggin the Nog wrote:I've had this problem once or twice, always the same cloud, but it doesn't happen every time or even often. I just assumed it was a random glitch. :dizzy_confused:

Are you saying it happens every time you try and jump up?
Yeah it has happened top me everytime I got to that bit fortunatly it is at the start of the game shame really I want to play this :v2_dizzy_down:

Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Almost Spellbound Dizzy v1.02 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post by Lex_Hedley » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:57 am

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:26 am

I've been rechecking the jump from the mushroom by the sandstone rocks. The cloud directly above is not reachable, but jumping up & right from any position on the mushroom lands you on the cloud to the right and have had no trouble jumping up or across to the next cloud. There shouldn't be a problem with that as it just 'cloud' material like in any other game.

The very first time I 'pakked' the game I had the same problem with the trampette when jumping back to the start screen, but I quit and reloaded and it worked perfectly and I've never had the problem again. You do have to be at the maximum height of the jump to be able to reach the start of the 'incline' and if you keep the up & right keys pressed when you make the jump to the right, you will do an extra little roll up the incline. There's not an exact place to jump as the 'collider' to move Dizzy into the upper screen covers the whole of the 'room'.

bringbackdizzy123
Free Range Egg

Post by bringbackdizzy123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:50 am

Grandad wrote:I've been rechecking the jump from the mushroom by the sandstone rocks. The cloud directly above is not reachable, but jumping up & right from any position on the mushroom lands you on the cloud to the right and have had no trouble jumping up or across to the next cloud. There shouldn't be a problem with that as it just 'cloud' material like in any other game.

The very first time I 'pakked' the game I had the same problem with the trampette when jumping back to the start screen, but I quit and reloaded and it worked perfectly and I've never had the problem again. You do have to be at the maximum height of the jump to be able to reach the start of the 'incline' and if you keep the up & right keys pressed when you make the jump to the right, you will do an extra little roll up the incline. There's not an exact place to jump as the 'collider' to move Dizzy into the upper screen covers the whole of the 'room'.
Yeah that is the problem I am having the cloud you get on from the mushroom in sandstone quarry when you jump up and right you can land on but not jump again to get to the one above it or stop from falling throught to get to the whale part.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:47 pm

I don't know what to suggest. I've just downloaded version 1.02, unzipped it and started playing and jumping onto the cloud from the mushroom is fine and have no problem in jumping up or across to the next cloud. The trampette is working fine too.

Phantom
Free Range Egg

Post by Phantom » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Three cheers for Steve Rennie! :)

I've always berated Spellbound Dizzy because the trampette-bouncing and rock-fetching gets so tedious... but with the save game facility and the addition of the bridge kit (great idea!) it becomes much more playable.
Underneath that rock-collecting, Spellbound is a really fun classic Dizzy game; actually, I would even say that the windy shaft is a really cool method to provide access to the underground parts of the map (when it is not too time-consuming to use it.)

So, thanks Steve for helping me rediscover this slice of classic Dizzy! :D