Almost Spellbound Dizzy v1.02 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Hurrah, something for the weekend! Thank you Grandad :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

chlodnik229
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by chlodnik229 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Grandad wrote:...with the cunningly hidden safe combination :v2_dizzy_confused2:
Where to find it?

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:41 am

After all it was possible to make jumping smooth on these mushrooms the SPACE key? Look at Ring of Zaks as there it is made.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks Sparkles. Oops! That wall should have been solid. Hint: take the pickaxe with you when you ride the minecart.

Chlodnik, you'll need two rocks to find the safe combination.

chlodnik229
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by chlodnik229 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 am

Grandad wrote:Chlodnik, you'll need two rocks to find the safe combination.
Thanks, I hate hidden areas and items. Anyway, I finished. Great game!!!

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SnTrooper » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Grandad wrote:and obviously look forward to SnTrooper finding the inevitable cock up in the coding
And that I have. A whole bunch of them. Nothing major that would stop the completion of the game but there are two places you can get stuck and the fall into nothingness Sparkles found too.
  • You can move around when reading scrolls.
  • When eating you can move for a second before the eating animation plays.
  • Not all mushrooms play the jumping sound when jumping on them.
  • Can walk through left wall and fall into nothingness in "SOMEWHERE NEARLY NICE".
  • If you turn off the spare ore crusher when it is closed the delayed opening sound still plays.
  • Can get stuck in upper right corner of "THE ORE CRUSHERS".
  • If you turn off the crusher in "THE ORE CRUSHERS" when it is closed the light turns red but it doesn't stop.
  • The left "THE ORE CRUSHERS" is "THE ORE CHUSHERS"
  • Can get stuck between the pipe and ground in "A LITTLE ALCOVE".
  • The underwater death animation when wearing scuba gear is a full image (six Dizzys) not animated.
  • You can get the honey without having dealt with the bees first.
  • The right side floor of "CAVERN ROOF" is cloud material.
Also at one point I couldn't get back over in the mine cart. I was searching for the last star and every time I tried (no mater what I had or didn't have in my inventory) the cart would fall short. So I reloaded an older save and it worked perfectly. I haven't been able to get it to not work again so I have no idea what the problem was.

Just a suggestion but maybe you could put something around/behind the ore crusher's lights to show they are supposed to be there and not just a floating dot. When I initially saw the first one I added it to the list of errors until I found the second one and realized exactly what it was.
Another thing that would make sense is if you made it so the granite rock weighed you down like the sandstone rocks do.
Also shouldn't Theo have a teleport cutscene? And need five stars too like in the original game?

As for the game itself, pretty good. I liked all the added puzzles. I didn't realizes how much I despised going back and forth through the pit to get rocks until I didn't have to do it. Thanks a lot, you ruined the original game for me. :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:17 am

Wow, that's a whole lotta errors SnTrooper. Thanks for checking everything out. Version 1.01 here I come :hitwall:

andy20066
Free Range Egg

Post by andy20066 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:20 pm

can't play game has it says i need dizzy age v2.4 where do i get this version from

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:15 am

How strange Andy. I thought these games were standalone and it was made with version 2.4. Perhaps someone with more 'knowledge' can help.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 pm

andy20066 wrote:can't play game has it says i need dizzy age v2.4 where do i get this version from
Version 2.4 can be downloaded here
http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/download.html
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in