Dizzy vs. Dizzy v1.1 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Dizzy vs. Dizzy v1.0 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Postby Noggin the Nog » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:36 pm

Grandad wrote:A far better option would be for people to comment about it being far too difficult for them to enjoy playing and leave it up to you to decide whether to make an upgrade in the future.

I'll do an update at some point, but the problem is I can't change the game very much without big changes to the structure of the code. (I'm not doing that.)

My big regret with this game is making it too large. I think the concept would have worked better if was a small map with say, 20 simple puzzles.

And trz - BRUTAL! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Absolutely amazing game. The coding that must be required for the evil Dizzy flabbergasts me. Great job Noggin.

Noggin the Nog wrote:My big regret with this game is making it too large. I think the concept would have worked better if was a small map with say, 20 simple puzzles.
No. If anything I thought it was too short.

As for an option to turn off the evil Dizzy I'm conflicted. There were many times while I was playing it that I felt like I was missing out on large portions of the game because he was running off and solving puzzles that I hadn't even seen yet and wished there was an option so I could take my time and enjoy solving the puzzles by myself. But then removing him changes the game to something it wasn't intended to be and you miss out on the action aspect of it. Perhaps have a "Demo" difficulty that doesn't have the evil Dizzy but ends when you get to the top section and maybe even is missing some of the puzzles?

The only thing I really didn't like was how it puts you all the way back to the beginning when you die. Pretty much guarantees that you will lose before you can climb back up if you die in the top section. Any chance of changing it so you respawn at the beginning of the section (maybe with a 10 second timer) or make it so you don't have to redo the closing door puzzle?

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Adz.M wrote:At first, I was completly stumped with the puzzle involving Frankenstein's blood until I found an oppertune moment to follow the Doppelganger's movement with that section.
That's how I got through that too. Completely stumped me the first time to the point that the evil Dizzy stopped doing things above. I think he got to the end but I didn't lose because I hadn't got through yet.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:19 pm

Thanks SnTrooper. I'm glad someone liked the game! :p

I'm just finishing an update to the game that should hopefully make it less crazy difficult for people. One of the changes actually tackles the issue you brought up about dying in the top section. Mostly though, it just makes the evil dizzy less dangerous - in easy mode anyway.

SnTrooper wrote:
Adz.M wrote:At first, I was completly stumped with the puzzle involving Frankenstein's blood until I found an oppertune moment to follow the Doppelganger's movement with that section.
That's how I got through that too. Completely stumped me the first time to the point that the evil Dizzy stopped doing things above. I think he got to the end but I didn't lose because I hadn't got through yet.

I'm not sure what was happening here. The evil dizzy should carry on regardless of where you are. It might be a bug. :v2_dizzy_confused2: Did he stop moving entirely, or just stop solving puzzles?

SnTrooper
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SnTrooper » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:40 am

Noggin the Nog wrote:I'm not sure what was happening here. The evil dizzy should carry on regardless of where you are. It might be a bug. :v2_dizzy_confused2: Did he stop moving entirely, or just stop solving puzzles?
I don't fully remember. I think the dot on the map was moving back and forth but not a far distance. Like he was running in circles.

There was another time in a later play through that he did get stuck running back and forth near the Frankenstein monster and I was able to do the top section without him coming up. I tried to get it to happen again but couldn't.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:17 pm

SnTrooper wrote:
Noggin the Nog wrote:I'm not sure what was happening here. The evil dizzy should carry on regardless of where you are. It might be a bug. :v2_dizzy_confused2: Did he stop moving entirely, or just stop solving puzzles?
I don't fully remember. I think the dot on the map was moving back and forth but not a far distance. Like he was running in circles.

There was another time in a later play through that he did get stuck running back and forth near the Frankenstein monster and I was able to do the top section without him coming up. I tried to get it to happen again but couldn't.

Thanks. I remember the evil dizzy getting stuck near Frankenstein during the game's development, but it only happened once or twice. The one where it gets stuck up top is completely new to me.

I've just sent a new update to AdzM. I haven't fixed either of these bugs - going through the code is just too complicated. :v2_dizzy_blink: I guess they don't really matter. If they blocked the player from finishing that would be different, but whatever the bugs are, they seem to occur pretty rarely.

BTW the new update should make the game a good deal easier to play. If people still find the game too difficult, I don't think I can do any more.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: Dizzy vs. Dizzy v1.1 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Postby Adz.M » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:31 pm

v1.1 should now be up. :)

Updated first post of this thread - Including the link to the DizzyAGE site.

There is a map added to Yolkfolk's page too.