Dizzy vs. Dizzy v1.1 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Dizzy vs. Dizzy v1.0 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post by Noggin the Nog » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Apologies to trz then. I'll correct these things in due course. :)

dr.Titus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by dr.Titus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:47 am

And last...

3) Element 373 - It's NOT a coffe) It's russian Battery)

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Noggin the Nog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Hahaha! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

It's also a Keldorian brand of coffee! ;)

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Noggin the Nog » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:50 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this game? It was very much an experiment and I've no idea what people might think of it. Has anyone finished it? Was it way too hard? So frustrating you gave up? Best game ever?

Would love to know what you think. Be brutal. :)

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:54 pm

I remember beta testing an early version of this game a long time ago so I remembered some of the areas but not the puzzles.

As expected, the Doppelganger is an absolute nuisence, especially very later on the game. :laugh: :p

At first, I was completly stumped with the puzzle involving Frankenstein's blood until I found an oppertune moment to follow the Doppelganger's movement with that section.

Amazingly, after numerous reloads, I managed to beat the game - in EASY mode! :hitwall:

Haven't had a proper go with Hard mode yet but so far, the Doppelganger appears to be unknockable. :hitwall:

It is a nice looking game overall and nice use of the graphics too.
One things for sure, It's certainly not a game you can beat in one go - It's mostly about trial and error. :)

I do like the idea of experimental Dizzy fan games and experimenting is certainly something I've done a lot of throughout my 13 years in the Dizzy Community scene. :)

dr.Titus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by dr.Titus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 pm

We are (russian funclub) completed the game on Hard difficulty, but with a disabled evil dizzy (ups, sorry).

Game is very, very nice and cute!

Is a pity that you have not used smooth scrolling.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Noggin the Nog » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanks Adz, I put lots of time into the game, so getting some feedback means a lot. :)
As expected, the Doppelganger is an absolute nuisence, especially very later on the game.
Yes, the end bit of the game is meant to be tricky. The idea is that if you're too far behind (about 5000 points in easy mode) the end bit becomes nearly impossible to pass. If you're ahead or about level, it shouldn't be too hard. (Maybe :dizzy_rolleyes: )
Haven't had a proper go with Hard mode yet but so far, the Doppelganger appears to be unknockable.
The doppleganger is knockable in Hard mode. The big difference is that Hard mode is very unforgiving if you fall behind. Let him get a thousand, two thousand points ahead and he becomes very hard to stop. That's the idea anyway, I don't how well I've implemented these things.

We are (russian funclub) completed the game on Hard difficulty, but with a disabled evil dizzy (ups, sorry).

Game is very, very nice and cute!

Is a pity that you have not used smooth scrolling.
And Dr Titus, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I didn't use trz's smooth scrolling code because I wanted Dizzy to stay in the centre of the screen, the better to see the evil dizzy coming.

dr.Titus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by dr.Titus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Noggin the Nog wrote: And Dr Titus, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I didn't use trz's smooth scrolling code because I wanted Dizzy to stay in the centre of the screen, the better to see the evil dizzy coming.
It's my scrolling, not trz)

Scrolling has flexible settings. Tracking for the Dizzy can be accelerated.

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by The Armorog » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:05 pm

I noticed the Russian players completed the game by turning off the Evil Dizzy. I'd like to play this game as it looks beautiful, like Noggin's previous games - but I really can't be ****ed coping with the evil Dizzy! I see there's no option to turn him off in the menu, so could this be enabled in a future version?

dr.Titus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by dr.Titus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:01 pm

The Armorog wrote:I noticed the Russian players completed the game by turning off the Evil Dizzy. I'd like to play this game as it looks beautiful, like Noggin's previous games - but I really can't be ****ed coping with the evil Dizzy! I see there's no option to turn him off in the menu, so could this be enabled in a future version?
Version with Evil Dizzy turn on/off: Oops! prohibited by the author)
Last edited by dr.Titus on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.