Dizzy vs. Dizzy v1.1 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Dizzy vs. Dizzy v1.0 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Postby frogandhat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Russians? Hacking? Who would have thought such a thing was possible?! :dizzy_wink:
Thanks Dr Titus, makes the game more easily playable for lightweights like me, but does take away the game's USP which I am sure Noggin spent ages planning and implementing :umm:

The Armorog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby The Armorog » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Cool! Thanks for the hack job! If anyone else tries playing this, you have to start the game as normal, and walk right until Evil Dizzy appears. Then after the dialogue, and the gate closing behind you, you can freeze him in the options menu. If you use the menu to freeze him before you encounter him, then the game freezes when you reach the gate.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:57 pm

dr.Titus wrote:
The Armorog wrote:I noticed the Russian players completed the game by turning off the Evil Dizzy. I'd like to play this game as it looks beautiful, like Noggin's previous games - but I really can't be ****ed coping with the evil Dizzy! I see there's no option to turn him off in the menu, so could this be enabled in a future version?

Version with Evil Dizzy turn on/off: (deleted)

I have to say, this is very annoying. I password protected the game, so for someone to hack into it and change it completely, then post it here without asking - I think that's quite obnoxious. :dizzy_mad:

Of course, it doesn't really matter and maybe I'm overreacting, but people should understand - about 80% of the work for this game was the code for the evil Dizzy. You take that out and you're killing most of my work.
Last edited by Noggin the Nog on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr.Titus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby dr.Titus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:13 pm

People should have the right to choose.
I enjoy when I play whithout evil Dizzy.
In addition, it is still free software, partly of the work of other people.
If you want, I'll remove the link to cheated game)

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyG » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:21 pm

I agree with Noggin. Not cool, Comrades. If you'd have hacked my game and included a way to skip the intro then I'd thank you (hint hint) - but this is an integral part of the game and must have taken a very long time to work out. If you think it would improve your own experience that's one thing, but I don't think you should provide a link for others.

Well Noggin, first impressions are that this looks brilliant! Very atmospheric and a little claustrophobic, just like Sunken Castle. It's just a pity you're up against so much competition, with the new Zelda tomorrow :v2_dizzy_crazy: Evil Dizzy goes off and collects 7 coins to my one, and I can't seem to time my jumps right to beat him. I just need to find a few hours to really get into it, as it's the kind of game I don't think I can dip in and out of. Which is to its credit :v2_dizzy_cheers:

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:24 am

dr.Titus wrote:People should have the right to choose.
I enjoy when I play whithout evil Dizzy.
In addition, it is still free software, partly of the work of other people.
If you want, I'll remove the link to cheated game)

Yes, could you take the link down please.

dr.Titus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby dr.Titus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:39 am

Noggin the Nog wrote:Yes, could you take the link down please.

I delete it, but the link remains in your message.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Noggin the Nog » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:15 pm

dr.Titus wrote:
Noggin the Nog wrote:Yes, could you take the link down please.

I delete it, but the link remains in your message.

Thanks. :tup:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:33 am

Sorry Simon but you should get pissed at people changing your coding and then publishing it. OK, the whole concept of DizzyAge is freedom to use other's coding, but the spirit is that you use it to make your own game, not mess around with someone else's game and then publish it as an 'alternative' version.

A far better option would be for people to comment about it being far too difficult for them to enjoy playing and leave it up to you to decide whether to make an upgrade in the future.

trz
Free Range Egg

Postby trz » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Noggin the Nog wrote:Be brutal. :)

My favorite - a game about the snow queen. Good winter atmosphere. Develop this theme!

Dizzy vs. Dizzy - worst game this author. This is not the concept of the free world for research and brain. Sorry, I did not like the game. F**king evil dizzy!!! :dizzy_mad: I BRUTAL!