New Game Maybe??

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

New Game Maybe??

Post by Noggin the Nog » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm

So I was thinking of maybe making one more game before finishing with DizzyAGE. But I'm wondering if anyone is still around to play it? It seems to be very quiet on here now.

Is anyone about?

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: New Game Maybe??

Post by frogandhat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:27 am

I still pop in, but I think it's a catch 22, fewer people here posting, so fewer people commenting meaning fewer posts to comment on. :v2_dizzy_down: The forums do seem to liven up when there is a new fan game released though. Irrespective, I would have thought that in the first instance you create the game for your own enjoyment, regardless of who may play it. Hope you do make a new game :say_yes:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:27 am

catch 22? You've been reading too many quality books frogman :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

I think it's more a case of there's not really anything 'new' to say about the Dizzyverse in general - other than informing about upcoming events or new official releases - but, and it's a big but (no silly jokes please), people will check this site out (and Facebook) every so often to see if there are any new fan games to play. I've noticed that when I bring out a new game all the old faces slowly appear wondering whether the puzzles are just weird, full of bugs, or that I really have gone senile.

I've always said that I'll continue to make games whilst I still enjoy making them and people continue to enjoy my slightly unconventional sense of humour; on that note, 'Myst..ified Dizzy' is about two thirds finished which hopefully will really mess with people's heads. So Simon, please get it together and make a game to mess with my head :shocked:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm

What really saddens me is that it does look like that fan game making is dying here, so is the number of people using forums now that Facebook and Twitter have become more popular for seeking news posts.

I'll admit I've had mental blocks before, but lately my enthusiasm for fan game making has been fading myself, my limitations on game making and the lack of comments and support on both the forums and social media all on top of that too.
Hence why my latest Dizzy and Seymour game seems shorter and rushed.

The majority of fan developers we had over the years have all chosen to move on, either because of lack of ideas or their personal lives have become more important to focus on, which I understand greatly.

Nowadays, a lot of people appear to be only posting on social media, especially the Dizzy : Retrogaming group where most of the posts appear to be hunting for items on ebay, sharing their collections or anything involving events The Olivers are attending.
Aside from the team behind the 2017 Spectrum Remake of Crystal Kingdom and the upcoming 'Wonderful Dizzy', I haven't come across anybody there who are or have been making fan games, even though I'm a co-Admin on the group.

However, as Steve and frogandhat mentioned, whenever a big DizzyAGE game is released, there is some interest and activity on the forums do pick up slightly with the Help Threads having new posts every few hours.

It's up to you what you wish to do Simon. Remember that I am always happy to support any fan titles and post about it online.
Sometimes when a new fan game is released, it does attract attention to a lot of people who are looking for a new challenge, even though many prefer not to comment which always appears to be the case, especially these days.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:00 pm

Grandad wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:27 am
catch 22? You've been reading too many quality books frogman :v2_dizzy_biggrin:
Not enough pictures in it though imho! :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Yeah sad thing here are quieter than before but be assured Noggin there are still a few of us who ALWAYS pop on looking for new fan games & are always thrilled to play when they appear, and when they do it is always busier tho not all logged-in so hard to get a true picture.
Anyway be like Grandad ( :dizzy_wink: ) make games, always make games we really do appreciate them and their makers x

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:10 am

i haven't had any time to make or play.. business is time sucker, gotta take it when it there because i know at some point it will dry up for a bit, maybe sooner than later. I haven't even touched a puppet for ages lol.. (that doesn't sound weird at all right?)

I've been wanting to make a new Dizzy game for ages, i write down notes and ideas what i think of them, sometimes something happens during the day and a great idea pops into my head lol trouble is i'm not sure what type of Dizzy game to make. First i was going to complete the Crystal Maze game i started but it's such a pain in the arse, then i was going to do a normal adventure using the puzzles and had created in the Crystal maze game, then i was going make one that combined puzzles and locations from previous dizzy games which would have been a nice tie in with the 30 anniversary but i never got the time.. more recently i'm thinking of going back to where i started and make a sequel/remake of Scrambled egg, which could quite possibly combine all the ideas i have and puzzles already created. That's probably what i'll do.. and it'll be great,

If i'm struggling for work this winter, i'll see what i can do.. before i become homeless or starve to death due to lack of income. lol... oh happy days. Anyway, seems i've typed a lot of letters, i just hope they're all in the correct order and makes some kind of sense, although gibberish is good too.
:cool:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:00 am

Phillip L, you beat me to commenting about The Crystal Maze (or lack of) :v2_dizzy_cheers:

I was looking forward to your 'interpretation' (can't be worse than the current dumbed down 'snowflake' version on TV), but have to agree that with multiple characters and and different versions of the same 'challenge' depending on which yolkie is attempting it, can be like royalty and red hot pokers :dizzy_rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with remakes, I did it with my first game, so reckon Scrambled Egg Dizzy avoiding all those slow motion apples could be good for a remake :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

OK, that's two new games in the offing (3 including me), now let's all tell Adam to stop having a life and go and find a dark basement to inhabit and live on mars bars and crisps - that should boost anyone's enthusiasm :tup:

I always have a go at your games Adam, even though I still can't jump over clouds ...but every so often I have another go, telling myself that one day I'll get co-ordination :hitwall:

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Noggin the Nog » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Wow this is a great response actually. The forum seemed so quiet, I genuinely wondered if everyone had moved on.

I'll have a go at finishing the game over the winter. I've started already - I really like the basic idea I've got - I need to think of some puzzles now.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Plus i think the Crystal Maze game is way above my skill level.. but truth be told it's mostly down to time and i got board with so much coding, and that was just the basics.. i stopped enjoying it. But id had a some really cool puzzles.

But A new Scrambled Eggs has got me excited, as i can use all the ideas and room puzzles i had designed, as well as having a usual Dizzy style adventure in between. All depends on what time i get, but i certainly want to have one last go.

Dizzy still rules.