Dizzy and Seymour - The Secret Family v1.1 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: Dizzy and Seymour - The Secret Family v1.0 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post by Adz.M » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:04 pm

v1.1 now up.

Fixed the issue with the lives counter in CASUAL mode.
For some reason, it wasn't behaving the same way as it was in previous games, maybe down to me updating Clickteam Fusion perhaps? :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Also:-
This update is part of a series of updates to my games in regards to their keyboard control settings.

Game's page updated with new controls.
Still having lotsa fun with this game Adam, but trust your ears are burning on occasion when lots of Anglo-Saxon invective comes pouring out of my mouth :dizzy_mad:
No doubt. :D
Andy's jumping system sometimes fails when walking and jumping on clouds and vanishing logs and you just fall off the edge.
Not to mention slipping down slopes too.
It's true that Andy's engine isn't 100% as you say.
That and sometimes the game over screen appears and I have to restart the whole chapter even though I'm playing in casual mode - sod's law being what it is, it usually happens when some ******** bat gets me just as I complete a complicated jumping routine collecting stuff.
I hate to imagine what you'd be like if you ever decided to play 'Fantastic Dizzy'. :p (Fortunately for you was never released on Atari ST)
Because with Fantastic Dizzy, you have no choice but to dodge wildlife.

As mentioned above, this latest update fixes the Casual Mode bug.
You're going to need it for the final chapter....if it isn't too frustrating :oooo: ....*builds sofa fort*
Now you've decided to really mess with my mind, by dropping me underground and then turning the lights off after I've wandered around a bit - but luckily for me I'm old enough to own a pencil, so will be mapping the area today. :v2_dizzy_cool:
Why am I imagining quiggie smirking as I read this? :v2_dizzy_rolleyes:
And (eventually) when I've successfully completed this game, I can do it all over again playing as Seymour and then, hopefully, lots more of your games when you've done the 'arrows' update for moving around.

So, thanks again for giving me a good excuse for not going out into the sunshine and getting sunburnt :tup:
Especially today!
PS - love the graphic of the steam engine.
It's from the Spectrum and Amstrad demo "Seymour - Take One" - but fully coloured in by myself. :)

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Re: Dizzy and Seymour - The Secret Family v1.1 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post by Grandad » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:31 am

ha, got a pc version of Fantastic Dizzy - spiders were easy, not so much the guards in the castle :tdown:

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:49 am

Hi, I was wondering how to actually beat (what I assume is) last boss?? I mean, the giant egg boss. Nothing I do seem to harm it.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:30 pm

I suspect that this is where Grandad has given up?

Yeah, I'm afraid this is possibly the nastiest final round I've ever done.

The objective is to survive Lord Dexter's attacks WITHOUT losing a life.
It's extremely tricky in parts, but it is possible to beat as I've tested it hundreds of times.

The logic I was using is that the Ring of Demetrius needs a certain amount of time to charge up so it can defeat Lord Dexter instantly.
Losing a life will reset the ring's power up sequence and Lord Dexter's attack sequence which is what makes the final round frustrating.
You'll notice the ring glowing in the HUD in certain moments.

The only hint I could give with the '5 star' projectiles is to keep your eye on Dizzy/Seymour and make sure they squeeze in between them to reduce the risk of losing a lot of energy from them.

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:50 pm

Thanks, that helped I managed to beat it.
One thing that threw me off track was that losing a life actually made ring blink and play an sfx of Dexter, which I interpreted as a groan of pain.

Btw, whats the name of no. 9 track and game of origin?

Gotta say, this is your best game to date, I can see lots of care put into it, thank you for making it :dizzy_biggrin:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Thanks. :)
Dizzy9 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:50 pm
Btw, whats the name of no. 9 track and game of origin?
It's from The Lost Vikings II (SNES) - The Dark Ages levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpDJrhanPB4

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:06 am

You're so right Adam, I hate 'boss fights' in games - got past the alternative yolkies and their nasty little sparks, but you won't believe the number of games I've had to give up at level endings with boss fights as I just get fed up with losing lives all the time - I'm well past the age when I can make my fingers react like lsd crazed worms.

But that doesn't stop me from enjoying the game as a whole and in my mind I've won when I get to the boss fight :v2_dizzy_cheers: