delta's forthcoming Games

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Looking forwards to all that is to come!!!! I would have the time [self employed] to dedicate to testing your games jamie BUT i'm not good technically - don't even know what a beta tester is so if its too techie don't think i'd be any help but i'll let you decide - thankx for all the great games though
:v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:20 pm

put simply, a beta tester is someone who plays the game and notes down anything that looks like it may be a bug, however small, then feeds this back to the game designer so that bugs can be fixed. Then in the next version, you test the bits that you found bugs in again, to test that they have been changed and do work without any unexpected consequences.

you don't really need any technical knowledge, just lots and lots and lots of time, allied to a very good eye for spotting things that look wrong or out of place. I'd also like feedback on how the game plays, what sections don't work too well, or are confusing, and any other suggestions that may improve the game.

with TLoD, you really will need a lot of time, as it took me 2 hours to get through the second section, and i knew what to do!

you're welcome to beta test it if you feel you will have enough time to do so, but i would like as much feedback on it as possible...

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:59 pm

whoa.. a self employed chap with time..
i must be doing something wrong.. LOL
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:17 am

Meph wrote:whoa.. a self employed chap with time..
i must be doing something wrong.. LOL
she's a chappess actually :p

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:42 pm

haha that explains how quiggie has time.. :p

:oooo:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:23 pm

:v2_dizzy_dry:

the words 'lead' and 'balloon' spring to mind....

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:42 pm

its just that us chappesses execute our time betterer than chaps meph - thats why we're able to work, do house work and play dizzy - bit like multi-tasking - its a girl thing!!!
:v2_dizzy_walkman: :v2_dizzy_walkman: :v2_dizzy_walkman:
Meph wrote:haha that explains how quiggie has time.. :p

:oooo:

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:49 pm

well i'll give it a shot jamie see how it goes - as a chappess i hope not to disappoint meph - or should that be dissapoint meph!!! lol :v2_dizzy_walkman:
delta wrote:put simply, a beta tester is someone who plays the game and notes down anything that looks like it may be a bug, however small, then feeds this back to the game designer so that bugs can be fixed. Then in the next version, you test the bits that you found bugs in again, to test that they have been changed and do work without any unexpected consequences.

you don't really need any technical knowledge, just lots and lots and lots of time, allied to a very good eye for spotting things that look wrong or out of place. I'd also like feedback on how the game plays, what sections don't work too well, or are confusing, and any other suggestions that may improve the game.

with TLoD, you really will need a lot of time, as it took me 2 hours to get through the second section, and i knew what to do!

you're welcome to beta test it if you feel you will have enough time to do so, but i would like as much feedback on it as possible...

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:53 pm

ooooops i've just disappointed already by getting my quotes back to front!!! :v2_dizzy_walkman:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:58 pm

see thats what happen when you multi-task and try to be clever :v2_dizzy_tongue2: