delta's forthcoming Games

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri May 09, 2008 10:12 pm

umm looks interesting
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Fri May 09, 2008 10:20 pm

haha i did say it was going to be completely different to the normal dizzy games. Puzzle solving will still be at the heart of it tho.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Fri May 09, 2008 10:39 pm

reminds me of the 'Addams family values' game..
simile style in look anyway.

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Sat May 10, 2008 12:54 pm

cool beans! it'll be just like playing gauntlet!
ImageImageImage

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat May 31, 2008 12:00 pm

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat May 31, 2008 5:34 pm

at some point when i've done some music and sound effects for The Lord of Darkness, i'm going to do a short video of the game, to try and show it off a bit better, as screenshots don't really do it justice.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:21 pm

just a small heads up, i won't be releasing a video showing off The Lord of Darkness.

instead, i will be releasing a small 'demo' version of the game containing the first 4 - 5 puzzles, which should hopefully give you a nice idea of how the game will look, feel, and sound. This way i'll also hopefully get some good feedback from people, which i can then incorporate into the full game.

not sure on a date for release of the demo, hopefully about the middle of July, and definately by the end of July.

as for the full game itself, that's still on course for the end of summer/into autumn (probably about september/october time)

oh and the game will probably end up with almost double the amount of puzzles that Rail Road Dizzy has... :dizzy_cool:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 pm

The demo version of The Lord of Darkness will be released on 12th July.

:dizzy_cool:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:15 pm

excellent,
curious to see how/what this is all about.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:21 pm

right, about time i pinned some dates down here, and updated you guys!

the alpha version of TLoD will go to the beta testers in about 3-4 weeks time, with the finished game expected to be released around about a month later (around Mid-October).

Once TLoD is released, i will be working to finish BTD and i'm aiming to get it released about a month after TLoD (about Mid-November).

When that project is complete, i'll be converting WWD to DizzyAGE v2.2, which should only take a few hours.

Then i'll start work on IID, which i'm aiming to have released sometime in February probably, however it may be held back until mid-late April, to polish it in time for the 2009 Easter Comp.

Once the bulk of IID is done, i'll be starting work on DL:TLoD Chapter II: The Curse of the Mystics. I'm gonna try to give myself about 4 months to work on this game, and aim to have it finished by May 1st, also in time for the easter comp...

:dizzy_cool:

oh and i just remembered, i need beta testers for TLoD :)

i need people who are prepared to devote a large amount of time (it is a huge game...) to testing pretty much everything in the game, and are also able to suggest changes that they think will improve the game.

Alex is excellent at this, sending a huge list of bugs and suggestions a few days after you send each update to him, and that's something i tried to do when testing Colin's VID.

you need to be an absolute stickler for detail (mainly cause i am!). If something doesn't look quite right, or doesn't fit in with the 'feel' of the game, i want to know about it. It may be something that most people won't notice, but the point there is that SOME people WILL, so i'd want to know about it. :) i'm a big believer that 'the devil is in the detail'.

i don't wish to put people off, but i really will need good feedback from the beta testers, and lots of it.

Thanks! :)