Dizzy and the Harp of Life v1.0 [DOWNLOADABLE]

Post information about your own Dizzy creations.
JoHn_09
Free Range Egg

Post by JoHn_09 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Meph wrote:Downlaoded and I'll have a play this evening.
its looks good!
thanks hope you like it

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Tue May 26, 2009 6:48 pm

thats my evening [probably more] sorted thanks john :v2_dizzy_clapping:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

JoHn_09
Free Range Egg

Post by JoHn_09 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:58 pm

quiggie wrote:thats my evening [probably more] sorted thanks john :v2_dizzy_clapping:
Thats ok you should have it cracked by tonight its not too hard if im honest
but have fun playing :dizzy_cool:

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Tue May 26, 2009 7:00 pm

eggcellent 1st game there John! :v2_dizzy_clapping: I just completed it!
ImageImageImage

JoHn_09
Free Range Egg

Post by JoHn_09 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Colin wrote:eggcellent 1st game there John! :v2_dizzy_clapping: I just completed it!
Wow thanks :D

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue May 26, 2009 7:29 pm

I've just completed it, congratulations, it's a really nice little game! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

The graphics are nice, i especially like the rooms 'The Secret Chamber' and 'Fire Fire'. (i <i>really</i> like them!) :v2_dizzy_clapping: I'll also single out glendas house, the look out point, graves, and the castle below ground for special mentions too. I also like the colouring of the characters, and objects like the torch handles. I think Colin may have a rival for 'nicest graphics' soon, with rooms like the ones i've mentioned!

You seem to have grasped the coding pretty well too, which bodes well for future games! :)

I also like the cover screen, and you've had a nice go at changing the HUD too, which i suspect you'll want to take further in future games!

Other suggestions i have for future games include pasting the speech text into Word to check the spelling and grammar, try and have a 'finish' screen that the player gets to see at the end of the game, and try to find a use for the coins if you're putting them into the game. Also try to put any speech text that characters make into quotation marks, so that it's more easily distiguishable from game narration. :)

Overall, a very good first game! Well done! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

JoHn_09
Free Range Egg

Post by JoHn_09 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:56 pm

delta wrote:I've just completed it, congratulations, it's a really nice little game! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

The graphics are nice, i especially like the rooms 'The Secret Chamber' and 'Fire Fire'. (i <i>really</i> like them!) :v2_dizzy_clapping: I'll also single out glendas house, the look out point, graves, and the castle below ground for special mentions too. I also like the colouring of the characters, and objects like the torch handles. I think Colin may have a rival for 'nicest graphics' soon, with rooms like the ones i've mentioned!

You seem to have grasped the coding pretty well too, which bodes well for future games! :)

I also like the cover screen, and you've had a nice go at changing the HUD too, which i suspect you'll want to take further in future games!

Other suggestions i have for future games include pasting the speech text into Word to check the spelling and grammar, try and have a 'finish' screen that the player gets to see at the end of the game, and try to find a use for the coins if you're putting them into the game. Also try to put any speech text that characters make into quotation marks, so that it's more easily distiguishable from game narration. :)

Overall, a very good first game! Well done! :v2_dizzy_clapping:
THANKS some good comments there something for me to think about.
im happy you like the rooms as they were the ones i edited :v2_dizzy_clapping: think i found a style that i like and something i can take further in my new game.
i never even thought about putting the speach into word makes alot of sence
thanks again for your feedback

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Tue May 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Shouldn't need quotation marks.. thats what the different colours are for... ?

Anyway a 'woohoo' is in order.
I thought this had some fantastic ideas..the fiery stuff certainly looked mensing. i got stuck on the troll and there was something else but i wont say anything in case people hadn't played it yet.

Great little game, and no doubt you can expand those ideas for bigger and better things down the line.. also liked how almost each puzzle has a choice of twp possible items too try.

An whoa what a long flag pole.
And i kept expecting Zacks to shoot me!! slowley edging forward just in case.. lol
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue May 26, 2009 8:37 pm

I've completed the game.

I like the way you've coloured in some of the rooms and the characters, and I second what Meph said about Zaks :p

JoHn_09
Free Range Egg

Post by JoHn_09 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Meph wrote:Shouldn't need quotation marks.. thats what the different colours are for... ?

Anyway a 'woohoo' is in order.
I thought this had some fantastic ideas..the fiery stuff certainly looked mensing. i got stuck on the troll and there was something else but i wont say anything in case people hadn't played it yet.

Great little game, and no doubt you can expand those ideas for bigger and better things down the line.. also liked how almost each puzzle has a choice of twp possible items too try.

An whoa what a long flag pole.
And i kept expecting Zacks to shoot me!! slowley edging forward just in case.. lol
SO happy you liked it :D thought i would start with something small to start with.
as for zacks shooting i thought about it but something tells me he will be back to his evil ways in no time lol