Seymour goes to Hollywood

Its not all Dizzy out there.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Seymour goes to Hollywood

Post by Grandad » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:16 am

I'm a newbie so haven't posted before ...Having a break from Illusionland as I still can't find the last six coins :v2_dizzy_frown: and replaying SGTH, but can't find the last oscar I need. I've found:
2 in the studio
4 in the tree houses
1 in the wizard of oz
1 in sherlock holmes
3 in big country
1 in ricks
1 in flash gordon
2 in frankenstein
Can anyone point me to the 'area' I should search a bit more thoroughly?

Thanks

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi, I don't know if anybody here has beaten this game.

As for oscars, I don't know if I'm able to help you there but heres the game's map which should show the oscar locations. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sincl ... wood_2.png

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:41 pm

i like the look of this game adz - can it be downloaded for pc from anywhere? :v2_dizzy_confused2:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

seymour goes to hollywood

Post by Grandad » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks for the map adz.m, now I know that the last oscar is in an area of Flash Gordon that I've never found before.

Quiggie, you can download the game to play in doxbox. Not sure if this site allows you to mention 'free download sites', but google the title and check out the site that starts with 'A'. It really is a good game.

Grandad

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:01 pm

thanks grandad i downloaded it ok but it won't play and i have no idea what doxbox is or how i would use it!!!! :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 pm

OK Quiggie, a quick tutorial in Dosbox, which is a brilliant free emulator for playing original dosgames on modern PCs and can be downloaded from dosbox.com and is really easy to use.

Before you do this though, it's best to create a folder directly on your C drive of up to 8 characters (dos cannot handle filenames of more than 8 characters). I use 'dosgames'. This will be the folder that dosbox initially points to. Then move the unzipped folder where you have the Seymour files to that directory (make sure you call it seymour, or another name of up to 8 characters).

Now download dosbox into it's own directory on the C drive. When you load it up you will get a stack of messages followed by a Z:\> prompt. Type in:

mount c c:\dosgames (then press return) (nb, put a space between both 'c's)

You then get a message 'Drive C is mounted as a local directory' followed by the Z prompt.

type in c: (then press return - don't forget the colon after the c) and this will give you a C prompt (which is the directory you called 'dosgames').

then type in cd seymour (return) which will take you to the seymour directory.

finally type in seymour (which is the .exe file for running seymour) and the game will start.

Also, whilst playing a game, pressing 'alt' + 'enter' will switch to a full screen.

Just in case you're into such things Dosbox has other little goodies:
ctrl + F5 will take a screenshot,
...and ctrl + alt + F5 will make a video of your gameplay, although you will need another utility such as VLC (best free one on the internet) to play it back ..and it also plays all audio files.

Finally, a little dos command that is useful when scrolling through files in directories in dosbox (expecially if you've downloaded a game with loads of files and don't know what the .exe file is called) is to use dir /p rather than dir, as this lists the files a screenful at a time rather than scrolling straight through to the end.

Hope this is useful

Grandad

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:51 pm

thanks for that - got a bit busy at the mo. but will give it a go when i've got time - not confidence it will work for me though i always get technical things wrong!!!! :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:08 pm

I use Dosshell, which is a GUI for Dosbox so you don't have to do all the mounting and that. You have to set up each game once and give it a short cut, then forever after you can launch it from the Dosshell icon you've given it.

STEVE 09
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by STEVE 09 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:57 pm

I loved the Seymour games, they were just like the Dizzy games with very similiar kinds of puzzles. I think only 2 Seymour games were made, the other game called 'Wild West Seymour'.

I also loved the CJ the Elephant games as well, also published by Codemasters.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:18 pm

For computer ZX-Spectrum it has been created three games about Seymour.