The Lost Vikings

Its not all Dizzy out there.
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

The Lost Vikings

Post by Adz.M » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:43 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Vikings

This is a really good Adventure/Puzzle game that was released for the MegaDrive and SNES, the sequel was released on the SNES.

The main characters are three Vikings, Erik the Swift, Baleog the Fierce, and Olaf the Stout.

Erik is the only one that can jump and break walls with his head by charging into them.
Baleog can attack with a sword and crossbow.
And Olaf has a shield.
During the levels, you collect items like keys and bombs, similar to Dizzy in a way except with 3 players. :p

Somebody on YouTube called Mashuren is playing this on 3 player mode with 2 mates of his if you wish to watch his Videos going through the levels, this gets updated daily and they're close to completing it too. here the playlist :)

http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1505136DEF15F198

The commentry contains comedy and some strong language.

Zurc
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Zurc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:02 pm

I loved that game. Played it on my uncle's SNES. Thanks for posting a link to that vid. It's funny stuff.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:39 pm

Ah! I remember that game very well, but never actually owned it... May have to check that out on RomBay, and the sequel as well.

Thanks Adz :v2_dizzy_happy:

(I'm sort of BLIND to the slew of MegaDrive games we can now lay our hands on, as I always end up playing Earth Worm Jim when I boot up the emulator ;)

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:02 am

I find it dissapointing the sequel was only released for SNES and not the Megadrive because the Megadrive had this feature in the game where you can have 3 players and the SNES was 2 player only.