Simon the sorcerer

Its not all Dizzy out there.
Cajana
Your Backpack is Empty

Swampy is Stuck

Postby Cajana » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:21 am

I am having a terrible time getting Swampy to rescue his babies from Sordid in the Simon the Sorcerer Puzzle Pack. Surely there is someone out there with a few hints?! I'm stuck on #3 of the mines and numbers 8 for each of the Roman Baths and Swamp sections. HELP! will be appreciated! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:07 pm

lol... i complted that a few years ago.. wouldn't have a clue from memory..
its its all prettys simple/logical most of the time.. i'll see if i can find out.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

Cajana
Your Backpack is Empty

Simon Puzzlepack

Postby Cajana » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:11 pm

I've been stuck on the mine tracks for more than a year. I haven't given up because I like the Simon series that much. I know it should be simple, straightforward and logical but I just can't get it. Seems like someone, somewhere must have written a hint guide for these puzzles! I'm hoping I can get some help from this source, I will really appreciate it! Also, Has Adventuresoft gone out of business? Thanks for any help you can give.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:32 pm

there might be a hint guide.. i never used one.. i was able to just work them out took me a good few months... but I'll see what i can come up with.

in the mean time enjoy good old Dizzy.

i don't know about Adventure soft were they involved with the new Simon 4 game? still waiting for the English releases of that!!

have you tried there 'feeble files' ??
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

Cajana
Your Backpack is Empty

Adventuresoft Games

Postby Cajana » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:20 pm

I absolutely love all the Adventuresoft games. The only one I don't own is Pinball. I Loved Feeble Files! I have been looking for European/UK games ever since I discovered Simon. They are fun, smart, not impossible to play (except for those darn puzzles!) Just great. I actually haven't found any other UK games that I like as well and it appears that Adventuresoft is either not keeping up their web site, or has dissolved. None of the e-mail addresses function. Thanks again for your help!

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:35 am

[color="Green"]Guess I better dig the manuals out then! :v2_dizzy_walkman:

~M~

Edit - I don't have them. All I have is the hand-drawn copy-protection stuff I copied out myself when the game came out... Goodness knows why I did that. Mind you, I have lost the manuals and kept the copy protection with the disks - that's probably why, then ;) Apologies Samwise.

Edit #2 - I'm quite possibly the angriest person on the planet right now. This is the sort of thing that happens to those unlucky sods in movies and never REALLY happens to people in REAL LIFE. After opening my disk box to check if I'd stored anything with them and getting out my hand-drawn copy protection sheet (that seemed to be incomplete anyway btw) I thought "Well, I'll scan em in anyway" after reading your posts at replacementdocs. Oh god. You know when you are so pissed off you don't know how to react and it makes you feel like you're going crazy in your head!!? I'VE SPILLED MY GODDAMN CUP OF GREEN TEA ALL OVER THEM! I EVEN GOT SOME ON MY BLOODY DISKS! You know, for the past month I've had a really rough time.... This is the icing on the cake. I think I can rescue the disks, but the paper I had seems completely ruined. When they dry out I'll see if I can get the ink to scan... After all, as long as the scanner picks up something I can edit them in the image editor that comes with MS Office 12 so they can be seen. Because at the moment, I can't even bloody play them now. And as I say, I never owned the CD versions.[/color]

samwise
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby samwise » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:10 am

Uh oh. I've had days like that. :)

Thanks for the response.

As far as replacing your disks go, you can buy the Simon 4 pack CD on eBay UK (Simon I, II, Puzzle Pack and Pinball) for about a fiver - that includes the full talkie versions of both of them, but *doesn't* include the subtitles for StS I, which was only available on the floppy version you had (original StS floppy disk versions are now very rare). Alternatively, you can buy the individual Simon titles direct from Idigicon.com (DVD case) or AdventureSoft.com (Big Box).

The only place I've seen copies of the floppy disk versions recently is in ScummVM warez collections, I'm afraid.

As far as the manuals go, the StS 2 CD manual contains the copy protection codes for the floppy version, I think, and is already available from replacementdocs.com where it will shortly be joined by the floppy disk manual for StS 1 which is currently marked as Pending Upload. So you can probably recreate your hand-drawn copy protection sheets .. :)

The only question left, I think, is - for the sake of completeness - whether StS 2 PC floppy disk version originally shipped with a large manual or not. It may not have, it may have just come with the same manual as the CD version ... it's impossible to tell. If you bought the original StS 2 floppy version and can remember that detail, it would be interesting ...

Sam.

Mayboy
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mayboy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:56 pm

The English version of Simon 4 was meant to come out in Feburary and nothing has surfaced, this includes either the game or a revised release date.

I hope something happens soon!

:v2_dizzy_frown:
http://www.yolkfolk.com

The place for Dizzy fans!

samwise
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby samwise » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Actually the latest release dates quoted are Q1 2008, March 2008 (Europe), 25.03.2008 and 31 March 2008, so there is still a little time left.

What is more concerning is that the official Simon the Sorcerer 4 website, and Simon the Sorcerer 4 English Forum have both been down for a few days ...

Not a comforting sign. :(

Sam.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Fri May 16, 2008 12:52 pm

[color="Green"]The forum's gone altogether now.[/color]