Simon the sorcerer

Its not all Dizzy out there.
Mayboy
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mayboy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:06 pm

I don't think this will ever be released now but I have had a play of it through other means (lets leave it at that) and I have to say the game is quite nice to play. The voice of Simon isn't all that bad and the puzzles are forgiving and somewhat enjoyable.
http://www.yolkfolk.com

The place for Dizzy fans!

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:33 pm

part 4 came out in the uk in October.. i;ve just bought a copy for Christmas!
hehehe. :dizzy_cool:

Looking forward to playing it.. and part 5 in in the works :D

Did anyone play the Feeble files? how annoying was that!! :O
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

Mayboy
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mayboy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Meph wrote:part 4 came out in the uk in October.. i;ve just bought a copy for Christmas!
hehehe. :dizzy_cool:

Looking forward to playing it.. and part 5 in in the works :D

Did anyone play the Feeble files? how annoying was that!! :O

Wow I've been away a long time. What did you think of Simon 4? I managed to find a copy on ebay, should be with me soon.

The Feeble Files! What a game. Another one I sadly never got round to completing.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:40 pm

lol we completed the feeble files but it was very hard.. quite frustrating as well cause ht walks so slow.

I haven't finished Simon 4 yet.. i bought it at Christmas and we only started playing it last Friday in fact... its like the first two but with 3D clips its seems pretty good and typical 'simon' from what with see so far.
It also has a 'hint' section which is handy giving away little clues depending on how far you want to look.

The biggest problem is the new Simon voice is just terrible, too American, just doesn't match up to the previous two.
But its pretty good so far... but then i also liked 3D which eveyone hated! so what do i know.

And theres a 5th on the works.

Fluffyness
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Fluffyness » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 am

I played Simon, it was really interesting :) i liked it, dont think i finished it yet tough

Mayboy
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mayboy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm about half way through now. The graphics are amazing but the story..well not the best to be honest. One criticism though I think the game is far to easy, plus the Journal actually gives you the answers which are displayed after clicking on the stars under the current incomplete tasks. This type of setup makes looking at the answers far to tempting. :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:45 pm

true, but then its up too use if you want to cheat.. i found the first part so far t be really hard (catching the rabbit)

Not played it that much only a few hours at the weekend so I'm currently trying to get into the castle.

Ignatius
Your Backpack is Empty

Help with simon 3

Postby Ignatius » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:20 am

I, im hoping someone colud help me with this. Im having some bad time with simon 3d, its like a camera bug.

Im in chapter 3 and everytime a leave the inn the camera goes nuts. It moves when it shouldnt.

I got the patch but it doesnt work.
I hate when this things happen. I was actually enjoying the game, despite the awfull graphics and all, but the frequently bugs are gonna make me leave it.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:46 pm

you just have to preserver with it.... the worse part i found was inside the bell tower.. you have to move perfectly other wise the camera is to far away and outside and you can't see were your going.
The other one was with he fireworks i think..something buggers up during that..

But i did manage to finish it. lol

joneback
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby joneback » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:52 am

I love Simon games. It is really good and funny games. I am waiting to play the 4th when it comes out in English. I enjoyed to play this games.