FILMS

Anything that doesnt fit anywhere. Off topic and so on...
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

FILMS

Postby quiggie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:59 pm

I went to a special showing at my local flea pit of The Dark Knight and Watchmen - they were absolutely brilliant - vaguely remember Watchmen from the DC Comics - but both films were visually stunning, dark and twisted - few films i'd want to see again so soon after the first watch but i'd go see them again soon - if you like comicbook heroes [which i think a few of you on here might?] then i'd go seen them if you haven't already :v2_dizzy_clapping:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

DeMilburn
Free Range Egg

Postby DeMilburn » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:48 am

gutted i missed Watchmen on the cinema, saw a rough download copy which didnt do the film justice, im gonna get in on blueray. The Dark Knight is just the best film ever made.
[align=center]Image
Box Heads Wecomic http://box-heads.co.uk
[SIZE="1"]DeviantArt, Twitter, [email="dave@box-heads.co.uk"]Email[/email][/size]
[/CENTER]

Anatoly
Free Range Egg

Postby Anatoly » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:48 am

I didn't like the Watchmen. A bunch of boring & overblown crap in my opinion. Not that it was bad, but I wasn't entertained.
The Dark Knight is good, but not nearly as much as everyone is making it out to be. A gigantic improvement over Batman Begins though.
---------------------------------------

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:24 pm

be interested to know what kind of film has entertained you anatoly? even though the storyline in watchmen was a bit convoluted i think it was visually stunning. :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Not seen watchman. doesn't interest me one bit.
But the Dark knight was okay.. very very over rated.. it didn't have the batman feel or spirit.. its meant to be a comic, i also have issues with the while 'its more realistic' debated.. realistic my arse.
And that actor was not Oscar worth in my opinion.. brilliant performance but not that good. i mean those types of roles can be played by any actor they are an actors dream. i thought the chap who played Dent was much better,
However it was entertaining, better than Begins which was a yawn fest.. but Returns is still the best Batman on Evey level... but its more Art-house than batman.

Most recent film i saw was Coraline, and Dark Portals.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

Anatoly
Free Range Egg

Postby Anatoly » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:28 am

So far this year, and I've seen every major release, I've enjoyed only three movies: 'Gran Torino' which I have seen three times in the theater and bought on blu ray, 'Star Trek' which I've seen four times (one is IMAX) and Sam Raimi's 'Drag Me to Hell' which while being a not so great horror film is still so much better than any horror film of the last few years.
I tend to watch a lot of movies. At home and in the theaters. I also own quite a lot. All of them watched to death with all the extras/commentaries gone through. Here's the list:
http://www.anatoly-online.com/dvdlist.html

I've really enjoyed Coraline (never read the book) and preordered a blu ray already. By 'Dark Portals' I assume you mean a Pitof flick 'Vidocq' which I enjoy a lot if only for its visual style.
---------------------------------------

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:37 am

Yes Vidocq, i have the R1 dvd which is been re-titled.
Its a great film but he ain't a very good director.

Still have 9 to come out this year.

and in 2010 looking forward to Tim Burtons Alice in wonderland.
and Micmacs ? tire-larigot which should be out Jeunet is one of the fav film makers.. i just love his attitude and the way he shoots a pictuer. this one is said to be more like his Delicatessen. fantastic.

I have Brotherhood of the wolf on the list to watch when i get round too it.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:04 pm

i love tim burton films but didn't know he was making alice in wonderland so i'll be watching out for that - i did see sling blade with billy bob thornton it was a great little film, i'm also a fan of david lynch films but he hasn't done anything decent for a while, keep hearing good things about clint eastwood in gran torino so gonna see that and definitely drag me to hell, delicatessen would be on my list of top 10 films i loved it :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Comes out March 2010.. But its a Sequel.. a return to wonderland.
and its a Disney production. whats more exciting is its mix of live action, CG, Motion capture, Cell and Stop-motion animation.

mad hatter.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:18 pm

WOW - can't work out how come i missed the first one cause i've seen all the others - whats it called meph then i'll seek it out on dvd before the sequel is released - cheers