FILMS

Anything that doesnt fit anywhere. Off topic and so on...
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:33 pm

went to see dr parnasus tonight but couldn't get tickets [boo] but went to see up instead [hooray] it was lovely, sweet and funny :v2_dizzy_clapping:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:35 pm

There were some photos in the Metro newspaper of the place that inspired the main landscapes in Up. Can't believe places like that really exist... What an amazing planet we live on :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:22 pm

dr parnasus isn't showing in my local so im yet to see it,
But I'll be seeing 9 this weekend.

I did watch Tideland last weekend and not sure what all the fuss was about, great film nothing to get excited over, it wasn't even that shocking if at all.

I should be supporting the new Mr fox film being stop-motion and we don't get many of them but its a boring book, with a even more boring cast, and the animation is average, and its design bores the life out of me.. i hope it does well without my support, maybe I'll rent the DVD or something.. i feel guilty not seeing it. :s
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Its always the cracked ones that let the light in [/font]

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby DizzyFanUK » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:55 am

I enjoyed Mr Fox when I was at school - I loved Roald Dahl - I just hope they adapt Georges Marvellous Medicine, or the Twits!!
- Its the American cast that are putting me off Mr Fox and some of the other films like Matilda - Id always imagined the characters would have English voices - Tho I wouldnt have been surprised if theyd have americanised the animals from foxes and badgers to racoons and bears
BFG was the best Dahl adaptation Ive seen - but thats cos it looked like Quentin Blake style

Anyhow I saw Coraline last week on dvd - as stop motions go - that was pretty cool.
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:18 am

Has anyone seen Moon?

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby DizzyFanUK » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:42 am

i have - rented it last nite coincidentally

Thought it was a good film - not much else to add really.
It felt to me like a cross between 2001 and that film where Tom Hanks is on an island with a volleyball - dont ask me why tho....
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby xelanoimis » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:25 am

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:05 pm

ink and moon are on my list of films to see, i'm also quite excited about james cameron's avatar in 3d [hated most of his other films though] but avatar looks great!
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Meph » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:05 am

Moon was our film for Christmas day.
Highly recommend.. i thought it was excellent.

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby DizzyFanUK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:26 am

Yeah moon is good

I saw Avatar 3D this week - I enjoyed it, the effects were great and the plot was a little predictable but still fun. Theres also half naked aliens galore - if you like that sort of thing.... The missus wasnt too impressed tho.

My favourite bit was the floating mountains -Im sure I saw a poster similar to that scene years ago - anyone else remember it?

Anyway, it's Holmes and St Trinians next for me

As far as TV movies go - I also saw the third Pirates film on BBC Boxing day - wot a pile of cack....
I still think Bad Santa is the best xmas film of all time
And they had Bladerunner final cut last week - which was a treat, but Im sure they cut out the scene with the dancer and the snake