FILMS

Anything that doesnt fit anywhere. Off topic and so on...
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:37 pm

thanks meph, haven't seen a good film for a while so think i'll give this a go, should be ok as i loved amelie :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:22 pm

I've just been playing catch up, i had a list of stop-motion films i wanted to see and I've gone through the list..This was the best unless your into surrealesem. ('One night in one city' was fantastic but it's very hard to find a copy of) Story is nothing really like Am?lie Poulain but there are a number of similarities and Jean-Pierre Jeunet did love M&M,

Wroth noting the director did win an Oscar for a short animated film prior to M&M :v2_dizzy_thumbsup: So it can't be too bad.

Anyway the dvd i bought had several film trailers at the start which you couldn't skip :say_no: pain in the butt. Be interesting to see what other thought of it, i hadn't enjoyed a film this much since i saw 'The science of sleep' when released.. another great discovery.

:v2_dizzy_eek:
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lex_Hedley » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:57 am

Just to double check are they

The science of sleep:
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3297515/ ... fer=search

One Night In City 2007 - Czech animation
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 97.c0.m619

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Science of sleep yes.. it does have subtitles for most of the film (French and Spanish)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUCrM5i_W3c

The second link doesn't work

One night in one city has no dialog. i got mine on ebay for about ?10 which was over priced but i couldn't get any other copy :(
a clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4r3I445hs

Worth checking out "The secret adventures of tom thumb" which was a British film.. they even shot the live actors frame by frame.. quite a dark fairytale that one, it also doesn't have much dialog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK3FKdlDdNM

But not many people tend to share my taste in films so it's hard to recommend anything.

Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lex_Hedley » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 pm

I see the science of sleep is from the director of the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind which i thoroughly enjoyed!

Thanks for the other recommendations, managed to source them on Ebay, love that magical website, has everything!

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Meph wrote:Anyway the dvd i bought had several film trailers at the start which you couldn't skip
I have noticed that on some DVDs, but also it could be the player! I bought a cheapy DVD player years ago and it allows me to skip stuff like that, but my Toshiba DVD recorder wont! This is very annoying, as at the moment I am watching my X-Files DVDs and after every episode it has some copyright screens, and the Tosh refuses to skip past the last one, so it has to sit there playing it for 10 seconds :(
Insert signature here

Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lex_Hedley » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Yeah I've noticed the cheaper ones allowing skipping too
Also some copied,cough, films would skip anywhere
I also hate the copyright notices at the end, I always forget to skip them and they seem to go on for hours!!
It's like the trick in spotofy where u can skip the ads if u click next before the songs finishes but I guess that'll be redundant soon when we go down to 5 free plays or whatever they suggested!!

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Lex_Hedley wrote:I see the science of sleep is from the director of the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind which i thoroughly enjoyed!

Thanks for the other recommendations, managed to source them on Ebay, love that magical website, has everything!
yeah he did 'Be kind rewind' as well which i enjoyed. despite being a box office flop.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Lex_Hedley wrote:Yeah I've noticed the cheaper ones allowing skipping too
Also some copied,cough, films would skip anywhere
I also hate the copyright notices at the end, I always forget to skip them and they seem to go on for hours!!
It's like the trick in spotofy where u can skip the ads if u click next before the songs finishes but I guess that'll be redundant soon when we go down to 5 free plays or whatever they suggested!!
Spotify can go shove it.
I've been a loyal suppoter since it started and now theses changes will force me to turn my back. 5 plays per song.. it's pathetic. And i've decided the payed versions an't worth is as i noted many albums and artists who i like arn't available or many never be.. so it's a waste. be cheaper for me to just buy cds again.. it just means i wont discover new music :(

Lex_Hedley
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lex_Hedley » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 pm

I know, it's a very strange tactic,
It'll be hard to knock the bad press!
I don't see many people upgrading, I won't be, I'll just listen to radio