Now has Clickteam Fusion 2.5

Anything that doesnt fit anywhere. Off topic and so on...
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Now has Clickteam Fusion 2.5

Postby Adz.M » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:35 pm

After spending around 7 years using Games Factory 2, I finally upgraded to Clickteam's new Game maker, Fusion 2.5 (Standard).

I learnt the hard way that there are compatibility issues with Games Factory 2 where you can't add extension files that are needed to open Game Platform engines.

I just hope it was worth spending my 60 quid on the download. :)

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby EgoTrip » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:32 pm

Just hope that Clickteam don't decide to make it free after paying for it, that would be shit.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:16 pm

That's unlikely, they never made Multimedia Fusion 2 free when I needed it years ago.

EgoTrip
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby EgoTrip » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:08 pm

I was referring to YoYo Games removing the majority of limitations in the free version of Game Maker, 2 weeks after purchasing it to unlock the limits, which was really irritating.

Glad Clickteam didn't screw you over though.

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyUK » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:28 am

Adz.M wrote:After spending around 7 years using Games Factory 2, I finally upgraded to Clickteam's new Game maker, Fusion 2.5 (Standard).

I learnt the hard way that there are compatibility issues with Games Factory 2 where you can't add extension files that are needed to open Game Platform engines.

I just hope it was worth spending my 60 quid on the download. :)

Made anything with it? I upgraded to Fusion 2.5 from MMF2. Ive had a severe case of 'meh' regarding actually making stuff for the last few years though.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Well since I've never experienced MMF2, I can't really make any comparisons with Clickteam Fusion.
But I certainly find it better than TGF2 as I now have the ability to put .ogg files into my fan games.

As for games....Well my first game to fully use Clickteam Fusion is Christmas Chaos I released a few months ago.
http://www.yolkfolk.com/site/games.php?game_id=285

And before that I did Magic Maniax 6 which started off being made on TGF2, but then I upgraded to Fusion halfway through it.
http://www.yolkfolk.com/site/games.php?game_id=272

Now I'd like to point out that both games were made using your old Dizzy Platform Engine which is hosted on this site, and I don't think you'll like the number of modifications I made for both the games. :rolleyes: But you are credited for making the engine.

Since discovering David Newton's Custom Platform Engine I used for Magic Maniax 5, I wanted to make a game without the frustration of having the stuck to walls/ceilings bugs that my past games suffered with.
And since I wasn't able to make a bug free engine myself with my learning difficulties, I started looking for alternatives I can easily modify.

But aside from that, I have improved when it comes to the quality of graphics and sounds. :)

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyUK » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:55 pm

MMF2 is just TGF2, but with more features. Likewise Fusion 2.5 has more features than MMF2.

The reason I came back to Yolkfolk.com is because I'm sort of messing about with Fusion 2.5 with the hopes of making a new Fangame. :)