Windows 10

Anything that doesnt fit anywhere. Off topic and so on...
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Yup i downloaded 10 onto a brand new laptop & it went ape****, so i've rolled back too & all is well with the world again.
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby geekgirl101 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:58 pm

Windows 10 has a world of ups and downs with it.

Automatic updates are hardcoded and will update all your drivers etc even if you've downloaded another version elsewhere and will reboot your machine without warning. There's been a couple of incidents where the automatic updates installed broken graphics drivers and one time it failed to install an update properly which resulted in a loop of rebooting and re-attempting to install the update without a means to easily stop it.

If you like backing up from DVD to HDD then stick to 8 or lower as they removed the free program in 10 to rip DVDs and now charge you to download the same program.

Microsoft Edge and apps don't support extensions like Lastpass etc. Just don't use it and if you want to log into apps like Facebook and Twitter with Lastpass do it through a browser like Chrome or IE, don't bother using the apps as they aren't worth it.

I've heard of incompatibility issues with some games and emulators. I've not experienced any issues myself yet and depending on if they're still being maintained or not would likely get updated to work in Windows 10 anyways.