The Weather Thread

Anything that doesnt fit anywhere. Off topic and so on...
Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm going to Norfolk ; )

Yeah climates over time are always subject to change....I don't buy all this global warming isn't in anyway natural.

Now put those aerosols away, our tax will be going up again if contribute to raising temperatures ; )

Coldest March in 50 years, well they'll spin it somehow.

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SALEHMARLEY » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Meph wrote:It's not too bad here in Suffolk either, although it's always a bit chilli on the coast.
Hey Meth,
After seeing your music video, I stalked you on Facebook (well, there was a link!!!) Anyhow, I seen where you live...my brother has a pub just up the road from you in a very tourist driven seaside resort!!! Apparently the weather's been freezing...not helping his money flow!!!!
Do unto others as you would have them do!!!

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:45 am

That's right lord.. because we all know paying more tax is going to solve the problem.. Hey there weather, can we pay you to be kind!!!!! Wouldn't be so bad if that money was put towards solutions but it's not.

Marley, i'm not sure we get tourists anymore.. lol word of mouth is getting about how much of a dump the place is.... although could be worse, could end up like Great Yarmouth.
Nothing worse than a very cold and wet Easter break.. that really hurts local business, last time it snowed over easter (4 years ago I think) I lost my job.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SALEHMARLEY » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:59 am

That's where he is...Yarmouth :laugh:

Could be worse...you could live in Thetford where I am. A cold and wet and even snow filled easter here has got to be worse than the coast...although, getting back onto what you said Meth, as long as you have a lithuanian passport in Thetford you got no problem on the job front :dizzy_mad:

Hmmmm, my little girl is gonna love hunting for eggs in the snow...

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:40 am

Small world. I once went to Thetford some years ago. I can remember a park with statues of men on horses, a large hill and only one chinese restaurant open on Sunday. Also, my favourite 'barrista' in the local Nero's comes from Lithuania - are they slowly taking over the world?

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Only time I've spent in Thetford was center parks!!!! What a rip off that is, they pretty much forced us to hire a bike (not allowed to take your own) and neither of us were allowed the bikes we wanted, either too small or big and most of them you couldn't peddle. lol

It gets really cold on the coast but it does reduce the snow/ice due to the extra salt in the air, just a 20 minute drive inland and you can see the difference.

At least those eggs wont melt ;)

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by SALEHMARLEY » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Hey Grandad, yeah, I think they are the next generation Irish. We shall be inundated with Latvian 'Barrista's' all over the world!!
Certainly is a small planet...little history for you, I think that fella on a horse was Duleep Singh. Have no clue why he is here but a new statue has been errected close by of Captain Mannering, the reason...Dads Army was filmed here...and that is all we are famous for!!! Oh, actually, the large hill is the second largest motte and bailey hill in the UK....

Meth, Centre Parks is a rip off...I heard the other day that it is around £1500 for a week over the new year. You need to be rich or foolish to pay that and I can clearly say...I am only one of them statements!!

As this is the weather thread I had better keep on the subject...snowing all the way to Staines this morning. 2 hours of black clouds and snow. Time to move to Guam!!!

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:39 pm

The snow here is slowly melting, hope that's it for this years lot now and it starts getting warmer (naturally that is).

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:11 pm

This weather!!!!! had quite a lovely day yesterday, bright warm sunshine then today back to bloody freezing :v2_dizzy_lol:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:19 pm

It's putting me out of work :(
Not made any money in weeks :(