Monochrome green or colour?

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
woodpigeon
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby woodpigeon » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:58 pm

personally I reckon green screen for the first Dizzy game was awesome before things started to try and get too detailed and too complex. Competing with the consoles I guess.

Dizzy came at the right time for mono and colour. You couldn't go wrong really.

And as for odd games, I remember playing "Bozos night out", so many random games back in the day :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hukNZxmG4As

Neil79
Free Range Egg

Postby Neil79 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am

Meph wrote:i played most dizzy games on the green Amstrad.

Same! For some reason, the game gave me the creeps too :v2_dizzy_yahoo: :v2_dizzy_eek:

geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby geekgirl101 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:15 pm

I think I know where you're coming from, and it's not to do with it being green or colour, it's the story. Dizzy TUCA was original, it was based in Katmandu and this part of Katmandu was much more mysterious and hostile and was littered with riddles that were all part of an old poem. It was just Dizzy vs Zaks, no Yolkfolk or people.

Treasure Island Dizzy was decent, and as a child I enjoyed it, but it was missing something. There was only 1 mysticism and that was the treasure of Hook Jaw the pirate. The rest was all running back and forth with the right items. No mysterious riddles, no creepy places, no evil wizard to defeat, the goal was to get off the abandoned island and that was that.