Secret stuff and finishing the game

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
Tynian
Your Backpack is Empty

Secret stuff and finishing the game

Post by Tynian » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:36 am

I have completed Dizzy 1 ages ago, but I was sure at the time I hadn't done everything possible.

Well, this time around I have found the secret area with the pickaxe. The trouble is, in order to get there I have to use up the dry ice which seems to mean I can't get the amulet and defeat Zaks.

Is it possible to do both? And what is the point of these secret items (crystal, dagger etc.) anyway?

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:08 am

The Dagger isn't really a secret item, it can be used in the ice area to get further into the icey part of the tunnel to reach the Amulet.

And I take it that when you said Crystal, you mean sharp Diamond?

The easiet way to beat the game is to usually use the dry ice in the water on the same screen where you're meant to use the dagger.

Tynian
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Tynian » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:12 am

Adz.M wrote:The Dagger isn't really a secret item, it can be used in the ice area to get further into the icey part of the tunnel to reach the Amulet.

The easiet way to beat the game is to usually use the dry ice in the water on the same screen where you're meant to use the dagger.
Ah! It all makes sense now, thanks!

I always used the dry ice there and did it the easy way.

Mat_Dizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mat_Dizzy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:24 am

I never did complete this game, mainly cause i was soo young last time i played it :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Back to the forums for good! :-)

Jelly Roll Morton
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Jelly Roll Morton » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:35 pm

Adz.M wrote:The Dagger isn't really a secret item, it can be used in the ice area to get further into the icey part of the tunnel to reach the Amulet.

You couldn't do that on the Commodore 64 version, which annoyed me a bit.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:20 pm

Oh yeah I remember, they fixed that "drop items while in the air" on the C64 :dizzy_mad:

gerbilByte
Free Range Egg

Post by gerbilByte » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:20 am

When I was younger, we managed to complete the game without the amulet. What we did was get the potion with all lives+extras, and on Zaks' screen manage to get near him with enough lives left to drop the potion. It was hard!
And you only (from memory) needed to be about halfway in the screen for the potion to be dropped.
What a great day for __________________________!:v2_dizzy_happy:
(please fill in blanks)

Visit www.thegerbilcage.com :v2_dizzy_cheers:
Email gerbil@thegerbilcage.com

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:50 pm

I think you were always supposed to use the dagger there, weren't you? And use the Dry Ice in the Labyrinth entrance? That's the way I've always done it anyway...

Anyway, I think it's better to play fair, which is why I'm glad they fixed the drop items in the air bug too! :v2_dizzy_tongue2: