Wall of Words

Stuck making the potion? Lost in land of Khatmandu?
Invisibabe
Your Backpack is Empty

Wall of Words

Post by Invisibabe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Hello! :D

Way back in the 80's someone told me that somewhere inside the original Dizzy is a place called the "Wall of Words."

Apaprently it was inside the tomb of Mad Carew (in the Graveyard) He reckoned it was possible to get past that trapdoor that always seems to open blocking the way and the "Wall of Words" was on the next screen.

Try as I could I could not get by that trapdoor. I may have thought that it was all a total nonsense bit of fantasy and this place didn't exist, but, another completely unconnected guy from a different town also told me of this place's existance.

Any of you guys ever found this place? :v2_dizzy_confused2:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:33 am

On the Spectrum version, I tried the NOOTRAC4571 cheat to flip through the screens of the game, and there isn't an extra room behind that trapdoor, just a black screen :v2_dizzy_confused2: same on the other end of the tomb of Mad Carew.

Maybe if we all ask pteal nicely to include that as a hidden feature on his DizzyAGE remake. ;)

Claires Kempston Joystick
Free Range Egg

Post by Claires Kempston Joystick » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:03 pm

I didn't know of any cheats on the Speccy games. Are there any on this site?

Claire :v2_dizzy_happy:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Claires Kempston Joystick wrote:I didn't know of any cheats on the Speccy games. Are there any on this site?

Claire :v2_dizzy_happy:
Linky

pteal79
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by pteal79 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Adz.M wrote:On the Spectrum version, I tried the NOOTRAC4571 cheat to flip through the screens of the game, and there isn't an extra room behind that trapdoor, just a black screen :v2_dizzy_confused2: same on the other end of the tomb of Mad Carew.

Maybe if we all ask pteal nicely to include that as a hidden feature on his DizzyAGE remake. ;)

there will be hidden/secret rooms on the remake but this isn't one of them

muck
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by muck » Wed May 21, 2008 1:06 pm

pteal wrote:there will be hidden/secret rooms on the remake but this isn't one of them
Cool, would it defeat the object to ask where the hidden/secret rooms are?

:D

Mat_Dizzy
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mat_Dizzy » Wed May 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Would have been cool if it did exsist!

Maybe just an urban myth?

Back to the forums for good! :-)

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyUK » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:35 am

It could be from a special edition.

There was that Amstrad action version that had lots of in game advertising, but the adverts just moved you to a new room. Falling off the edge of the game would lead you to one of the rooms.

STEVE 09
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by STEVE 09 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Didn't Crash magazine have a special demo of Dizzy 1 on one of their cover cassettes? This secret room could well have come from that version.

I remember many years ago hearing of a lot of hidden locations in Dizzy 1 and that room underneath the trap door was one of them. All have since been proved false after using the screen select cheat.

I've not played Dizzy 1 for a couple of years now, but found this one to be quite hard, harder than some of the later Dizzy games; although not as tough as the ridiculously hard Treasure Island Dizzy :v2_dizzy_tongue2: